Worried :(

hey im also worried about how i will manage, but you won't just have maternity pay to live off, you will get child tax credit, working tax credit and child benefit. you may also if you are on a low income get help with rent and council tax. if you go back to work you will get up to 80% of childcare fees paid. for working tax credit you need to work at least 16 hours a week. go onto entitled.com, its a calculator that will work out what your entitled to.
i want to go back to work and have figued that this is the best way to do it.
also if you work and don't claim income support, you will get to keep all child maintainence that you are given from ex.
hope that helps
xx

hope you dont mind me asking but how old are you, if your over 25 you can get working tax credit which pays upto 75% of nursery fees. Also a single parent bonus etc, i get 895 a month in all. And you are entitled to it whilst on mat leave from what i can remember.

no, thats wrong. I am 22, 20 when i went back to work and have claimed working tax credit for child care and child tax credit since the beginning. There is no ages limit, the only age limit is 25 if you DONT have kids. They are so so helpful, call them with your income details and they will tell you approx what you will get. As a single parent you will be fine, they really look after them When I lived on my own my dh was in nursery and i have private rented house car etc.... To give you an idea this was my monthly finances.
Income -
£500.00 work
£700.00 tax credits (working and child)
£550.00 housing and council tax credit
£257.00 CSA
£80.00 child benefit
------------
£2087.00 Total

Outgoings-
£650.00 rent
£275.00 nursery month (cheap due to work nursery but they oay up to £175 per child per week)
£120.00 council tax
£50.00 gas / electric
£45.00 car ins
£200.00 food
£30.00 water
£25.00 mobile
-----------
£1396.00 total

Spare money each month - £692.00!!!

I think you'll agree this is generous!!!

Dont worry it will work out, always does, hope this has reassured you xxx

I was gonna say... why would you need to be 25 to get working ta credit!! I am planning on getting a job once baby is about 9 months or so.. i will be claiming it.. if i cant i wont be able to go back to work! The jobcentre etc are pretty helpfull for getting people back into work.

You will be fine finacially, you have maternity pay and your lucky. I will be living purely off child benefit, income support, and ill have to claim housing benefit and council tax benefit, I need to find a flat soon as, but i litterally cant pay any extra above the benefit so im limited to find a flat where the rent comes to as much as the housing beenfit. And i got screwed over for mat pay etc, so your really lucky to have that, you will be fine honestly, x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->