Worried...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by BabyandMe123, Sep 3, 2009.

1. BabyandMe123

BabyandMe123 Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone, I just found out that im 6 weeks pregnant..and though i am extremely happy at the same time im very worried.. Im very over weight.. 17 stones to be exact..plus i have polycystic ovaries.. i am trying to eat more healthy and rest more then i used to but i cant help but worry that i have the odds against me of losing my baby... Has any of u been in my position and had a normal pregnancy? Or have any advice? .. it would be so much appreciated.

Oh last week when my period was due i was getting cramps as if it wanted to come and then this week nothing.. is that normal aswell??

Thank u for ur time :)

2. bump#1

bump#1 Well-Known Member

I can't offer advice on the weight, but the cramps you were experiencing are either the implantation stage where the sac embeds itself in the wall of the uterus, or it was your uterus and stomach muscles stretching to make room for your little bambino.

Try to relax and speak to your doctor further if you're still concerned. Good luck. x

3. catherineq87

catherineq87 Well-Known Member

hi yeah pains are normal just not reali bad ones or if they are acompanied by lot of blood.

my friends aunts is quite over weoght and she had 5 children ... but i cant offer any advice sorry

congrats and good luck x

4. 555

555 Mammy to two

In my area they offer class to support pregnant ladies with their weight espically if they have PCOS. I would ask your GP if there are any classes you can go to help to support you with your weight through your pregnancy. If not you could ask to be referred to a Dietitian they would be able to support you. Big congrats on :bfp: