Worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

koshka

Reaction score
I had dye test done on May 16th due to previous ectopic pregnancies. Thankfully everything went good and I was told my remaining tube is clear :) We were able to start trying right away so of course we didn't waist our time ;) I got positive pregnancy test on June 2nd. I went to get my hcg checked today and it was only at 37. The nurse told me it is low but we did test really early so she didn't want me to worry about anything yet. I'm going back on Monday to re check my hcg level. I don't really know when I ovulated because each month AF comes at different times. My last period was on May 7th. I don't know what to think and I am trying to be positive but it's hard because of what happened before. What do you think? Too low for a viable pregnancy?

Hey Koshka,
I am so sorry to read about your ectopic pregnancy, I know exactly how you feel as I had one as well back in 2004, they cut, but I don't think they removed my tube on my left side.

How exciting that you are pregnant again! I would not worry too much right now, but truthfully, I am not sure what HCG level is needed to sustain pregnancy, here is what I found:

•In a bout 85% of normal pregnancies, the hCG level will double every 48 – 72 hours. As you get further along in pregnancy and the hCG level gets higher, the time it takes to double can increase to about every 96 hours.
•Caution must be used in making too much of hCG numbers. A normal pregnancy may have low hCG levels and result in a perfectly healthy baby. The results from an ultrasound after 5 - 6 weeks gestation are much more accurate than using hCG numbers.
•An hCG level of less than 5mIU/ml is considered negative for pregnancy, and anything above 25mIU/ml is considered positive for pregnancy.
•The hCG hormone is measured in milli-international units per milliliter (mIU/ml).
•A transvaginal ultrasound should be able to show at least a gestational sac once the hCG levels have reached between 1,000 – 2,000mIU/ml. Because levels can differentiate so much and conception dating can be wrong, a diagnosis should not be made by ultrasound findings until the hCG level has reached at least 2,000.

so based off of that, I think you are fine :) I hope that helps

Thank you so much for the info :)! I really hope my hcg will go up. I'm taking tests to see if there are any changes.

IMAG0750.jpg

IMAG0751.jpg

FarmersWife5 good luck to you too and thank you for your support!

Let us know how everything goes! Wishing you the best :) Baby dust to all!

Thank you Mommyloves! I got my blood drawn today and my hcg went up to 141 :) I'm going back on Wednesday to make sure they keep going up ;)

Thank you Mommyloves! I got my blood drawn today and my hcg went up to 141 :) I'm going back on Wednesday to make sure they keep going up ;)

that is GREAT news!! YAY!! I hope they keep going up!

Thank you!
Well I'm little worried. I woke up this morning and I felt something on my left side. It doesn't hurt but it makes me nervous that it might be sign of ectopic ;( That's what happened at the first time. I felt discomfort on my right side and surly I ended up loosing my right tube. Ahhhhh

I had a ruptured ectopic too. :( can you go to early pregnancy unit and get a scan? X

I have to go get my hcg checked again tomorrow so I might be able to get an appointment at my clinic. At first I thought it is just in my head but I think it's really happening again :( This was my last chance on getting pregnant naturally...

Good luck lovely. I really hope it's ok. Xxx

Thank you Geegees! I'm praying everything will be fine. Yesterday we got good news and today this happens. Ahhhhhhhhh

Thank you Geegees! I'm praying everything will be fine. Yesterday we got good news and today this happens. Ahhhhhhhhh

try not to worry, I know eaiser said that done, but with my first non-ectopic pregnancy, I was VERY worried when I would feel any sort of pressure or pulling. Feeling pressure and pulling is normal as your body changes during pregnancy. The intense pain and cramping that comes with an ectopic is NOT normal, so just watch for pain. I am surprised the dr didn't do a transvaginal u/s when you got your blood drawn? With me, they did one to make sure the baby was in the right place.. ask them and see what they say?

Mommyloves my Dr. is on vacation and they also told me that it is too early for the ultrasound. They won't be able to see anything yet. They decided to keep an eye on my hcg. We will see what tomorrow brings. Pain is not annoying but just the thought that its there scares me. That's not what I wanted to feel. Well there's not much I can do...juts pray and be positive.

My hcg went up from 141 to 311 :) I told them about the pain and I was told it might be due to the early pregnancy and try not to worry about anything yet. I'm going back on Monday for my first ultrasound. I guess I'm 5 weeks 1 day :)

yay!!!! I know from my ectopic that my HCG levels started going down at 3-4 weeks.. so I think that is a VERY good sign that this is not ectopic! Congrats! that is great news!! I can't wait to see your u/s pics!

Thank you Mommyloves. We will see what Mondays brings. I might be too early to see anything so they want me to get my hcg checked again. They also told me that usually around 6 weeks ectopic symptoms are noticeable. I will try to relax now be positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back