Worried!

Domimom

Reaction score
So today I kept feeling like I had to pee and it was only a little, then went to the bathroom and peed a lot of blood, when I wiped there was blood also, it hurts when I pee so I am sure it is UTI, I am worried because I don't want to take RX in case I am pregnant, if I go to doctor do you think they could do blood test to see if I could be pregnant, or too early even for blood test, had positive OPK on tuesday November 4th.

A blood test will not show if you are pregnant that early bc hcg isn't produced until you implant and that doesn't happen til at least 6 days and up to 12 days.. Luckily for you there are good antibiotics for treating uti that are safe in early pregnancy. I'm a pharmacist so drugs are what I know best :) trust me you want to get it treated! It's more unsafe not to!

Thank you! Do you know what are safe in early pregnancy? Just in case.

Macrobid is safe in early pregnancy but can't always be used depending on the bacteria etc. they will also use bactrim da too but should be avoided in third trimester and cephalosporins are an option too (although many bacteria are becoming resistant to these). I'd avoid cipro which is often given for uti.

If you're going to a doctor, you could tell them there's the possibility you are pregnant, and I'm sure they'd give you the safest option anyway!

Yes just mention to doc you are ttc and are just past ovulation. But the most important right now is your health. Uti's not correctly dealt with can cause a bunch of other issues. Best to get it dealt with quickly. Good luck.

Thanks everyone, went to ER cause Urgent Care was closed, really bad UTI. Told her I could be pregnant, they did urine pregnancy test but it's too early, she gave me Keflex which she said is safe to use while pregnant just in case. I am wondering if I got this from using Pre-Seed. I have never had one before and since it has an applicator I am thinking it caused this.

Thanks everyone, went to ER cause Urgent Care was closed, really bad UTI. Told her I could be pregnant, they did urine pregnancy test but it's too early, she gave me Keflex which she said is safe to use while pregnant just in case. I am wondering if I got this from using Pre-Seed. I have never had one before and since it has an applicator I am thinking it caused this.

I doubt it unless you reused the same aplicator. Have you ever checked your cervix recently? That is often the biggest culprit for uti's while ttc.

I doubt it unless you reused the same aplicator. Have you ever checked your cervix recently? That is often the biggest culprit for uti's while ttc.

No I have never checked my cervix, I don't even use tampons, hate anything being up there unless it has to! I did not use the same applicator so not sure what caused it but it sucks!

I got my first UTI recently and it was awful! And no idea what caused it. Now that you're on antibiotics you'll be feeling better within a couple of days.

Had my first one after my d and c since they had to cath me during the procedure. It was awful! But usually within a day or two you'll be back to normal!

Yes, feeling better today, drinking lots of water and cranberry juice, don't want to go through this again!

How are you feeling? Did the infection clear up?
I have had lots of them. My lady bits are just prone to them. They are the WORST!

Much better, thank you! Not peeing blood and just hurts a little to go. I have to take RX 4 times a day for 7 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->