Worried

MummyIwanabe

Twin Mummy!
Reaction score
Today I have not felt right. Felt sick, funny taste, exhausted and sore

Tonight I feel awful, ribs hurt, back hurts but more scarily my tummy is sore with a feeling of major pressure by bikini line despite lying down. I am petrified of perm labour as it's way
Too early. I've felt this pressure before but itsmore intense and when I got up for a pee I think I trapped a nerve in my back.

I'm lying in bed scared. Hubby is away.

How do I know if it's ligament pains or something more and what could they do anyway? Nothing?

Hopefully I'm ok and I just been over doing it. Yest I was sat all day in hospital chair while mum had Chemo.

Aw hun I don't know...I guess it would be better to be safe and go get checked out...everyone is so much different and I never really felt anything other than an occasional sharp pain which I think was ligament pain. Mine was usually on one side or another. Sorry I can't help:( Hope you feel better.

Hi hun. I really understand how scared you are feeling right now. My twin pregnancy was frightening for me due to a previous preterm birth, and me constantly feeling pressure, pain and like I was going into labour :(

The pressure you describe was very normal for me from 10wks onwards, added to that regular (and sometimes painful) BH contractions in the evenings. I actually first discovered baby and bump whilst googling "BH contractions in twin pregnancy" because I was terrified on a daily basis, and was looking for reassurance. I couldn't sit or stand for more than 20mins, so it is likely that you have strained your pelvis yesterday, remember that it is supporting a rapidly expanding uterus.

Keep resting, try to relax and if you feel the same tomorrow, then it never hurts to have a check up. Take care x

Thanks so much lizzie I was hoping you'd reply :) you're amazing so knowledgable :)

In bed now resting and it has eased :)

More rest required! ;)

Bless you ;) Just call me the "cervix queen", dh does...................no, seriously! I'm so proud :rofl:

Mummy- there is a support thread here on BnB that may help about PGP or Pelvic Girdle Pain. It may not be what you have, but the things that help alleviate the pain have sure helped me!

Hi
The pressure bit really scared me to start with as i had nothing with my singleton pregnancy but twin pregnancy is certainly alot different and scary!!!
I have also suffered with the bad rib pains for the last 3 weeks and getting comfy can be a bit difficult, i have actually found sleeping sitting up with loads of pillows is so much better than lying down.
Just keep thinking all these aches and pains are going to be so worth it when you get to meet your gorgous twins in a few months time.

Hope you feel better soon.

If your worried go and get yourself checked out. You can never be too sure.

Yeah - they are referring me to the physio now.. and likely to get a support brace through them. I think its worth getting referred to now as we are only going to get bigger and bigger.
x

im also reffered to the physio, will go through the things they say and no doubt end up with crutches again

Update from my trip to the physio today.
1) She has told me to try and keep my legs aligned to the front as much as poss. No sitting with legs crossed, even at the ankles or wide apart. Sleep with a pillow betweeen your legs so they don't fall over and cross.
2) She didn't want to give me a support belt as said I've still got a long time to go and it can make you relax your muscles even more. She has given me atubigrip corset type thing to give abit of support if I go shopping or walking to the bus stop etc.
3) Given me some exercises to do.
4) Get other people to lift stuff etc.

Got another appointment in 3 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583