worried

CapitalChick

Mommy to 1 and preggo!!!
Reaction score
I don't really know what's brought this on, but I'm suddenly very worried that something might be wrong.

Nothing has really changed with my pregnancy, but I just "feel" different. I can't explain it. About a week and a half ago I thought I had felt the baby move twice. I wasn't 100% sure, but I was pretty convinced. Then, a few nights ago, I gave up on trying to sleep on my side, and I went to sleep on my front for two nights (i couldn't help myself...it had been almost a week since I'd gotten any real sleep!). I slept the entire night (two nights in a row) on my tummy, and now I'm worried that I might've hurt the baby.

I haven't felt any movement whatsoever, and my uterus just doesn't feel the same way it used to (a lot less sensitive). I've tried poking around a bit to see if I could feel the baby move, but nothing.

Has anyone experienced this??

Awww Its ok to sleep on your tummy, your not going to hurt baby. I lay on my side and tummy at one time, if you get what im saying. Everything is fine!! Try not to worry :) If you do get worried ask your doc about it! :)

sweetheart, don't worry too much.....there have been lots of points through this pregnancy where i've felt 'different'. i'm sure baby's fine in there. for reassurance go and get the heartbeat monitored. it'll make you feel so much better. I was still sleeping on my tummy occasionally at 17 weeks, sometimes I'd wake up and I'd just be doing it. xxx

I slept on my tummy until 20 weeks plus. Baby is well protected in there hun. I sometimes woke up panicing that I'd cut the circulation off or something coz my tummy would feel tingly where I'd been laid.

I didnt feel my first until after 20 weeks and even this one didnt move regularly till about the same time so you're lucky to have even felt them at this point!!

I wonder if bubs is having a growth spurt and thats why they seem quieter?? I wouldnt be concerned honey - if you still feel funny in a weeks time then you could talk to your Dr for peace of mind but I'd say everything is fine. :hugs:

x

Thanks! And with that, I'm going back to bed. It's 4:30am here!!

Every now & then I'm rolling on to belly ... ok they do say try not to and tbh I wonder how I can do it :rofl: but you will ge t to a point you can't anyway.

It may be possible that you felt movements slightly but at this stage it's a unsure and it won't be a regular thing. I felt baby a couple of times but nothing for a while however doppler proves baby is ok. Those definate movements ona regular basis are a while off yet hun I really woulnd't be looking out for them as a sign all is ok at 17 weeks :hugs: x

yep about 2 weeks ago i was worried also and went to doc and got to hear baby heart on doppler and everything turned out find. I take worry flurrys like this more I think now. Its natural i think. But if your worried go to your midwife or doc it will put your mind at ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->