Worried:(

AprilMum2009

Reaction score
Can some one tell me if im stressing out for nothing or is it really something to be worried about.

I went for my 16 week mw appointment last monday and had my blood tests done for downs and spina biffida.
MW said i will recieve a letter through the post if it comes back low risk, but if its high risk ill get a phone call from one of the midwifes!

Well anyways yesterday while i was at work one of the mw called my house n just asked for me but obv i wasnt there and that was it!! It was left at that!

By the time i got in from work it was too late to ring back, so i rang the hospital, and the woman said that the mw with the blood results has gone home, and the reason they called was because they called everyone to say the blood result letters would be delayed. But im just not convinced. Maybe she just said that so i didnt worry as much!

I wish i knew my results now.:( Im just soo scared because im 19, im not with babys daddy no more, and he just doesnt seem to care, and anno this sounds horrible but its gonna be hard enough with a healthy baby, i really would not be able to cope with a downs.

Am i worrying too much? Has anyone else had out like this?
Sorry the threads soooo long.

I know easier said then doen,But try not worry hun ..
It may truely be they are letting you know the letters are delayed and didnt want you to worry about them been delayed . You are young and healthy so try stay positive about theese results . xxxxxx .

I doubt the lady would lie to you about it. She wouldn't have given a reason to you if it was bad news I don't think. She probably would have just told you you have to wait til Monday. Try and not worry, your 19 and healthy so the chances of anything being wrong are really slim. X

I'm sure they wouldnt have lied to you, all the best for the results and remember that even if it isn't a low risk result you could still have a normal healthy baby so try not to worry too much until you know more and remember we are all here for you

:hugs: Agree with the others, I doubt she would have lied to you. Hopefully you can get in touch with the MW soon

Also agreed. Because of your age, your risk for downs is really very low. I know the 'what if's' are terrifying, so do try not to dwell!

HUGS!

I'm sure she wouldn't lie to you, and I'm sure everything is fine. :hugs: And there is nothing wrong with wanting a healthy baby.

I agree with the others :hugs: There is no reason for the woman to lie to you. I'm sure all is well. And wishing for a healthy baby is something we all do hun!

:hug:

Hi everyone, thanks for you replies! Well iv got good news! Midwife phoned me today and told me that im low risk!!!! So i feel sooo relieved now!! :cloud9:
Thanks every one for you reasurrance!!
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"