Worry..

PrayerfulHope

Mom of 2
Reaction score
Hello!

I hate to worry. It doesn't do any good. But I'm on the verge of freaking out.

Ok. So here's the deal. At my 32 week check up my uterus was measuring 27cm, which is 5 weeks behind. I had gained 5 pounds though, which is good. And they did an ultrasound "just in case" and the baby looked good for 32 weeks. The doctor mentioned that as long as I continue to gain weight that everything should be ok, and that they would start doing some more frequent visits (every 2 weeks, even though they didn't have an appointment for 3 more weeks so I won't be going in until 34+5).

Well I just got on the scale, and not only have I not gained any weight at all, i've lost 1/2 pound AND on top of that I'm full of fluid today, very swollen. Which should make me heavier, shouldn't it?

And after a very much "less than normally active" baby yesterday I feel like I'm starting to freak out a little bit.

I'm scared :(

Did anyone else stop gaining weight at some point around where I am now? I've had lulls in weight gain earlier on in pregnancy but not really during the third tri.. not for more than a week anyway..

:hugs: o hunni xx bless u! what a rough ride!!! I'd suggest phoning your midwife and letting her know your concerns, especially if they are monitoring you so closely, you should keep them up to date - if doc said 'as long as you keep putting on weight' I'd definitely inform them that you are worried you haven't. xxxx

Agreed. I wouldn't worry yourself to death but it's always wise to keep your midwife in the loop about things like that.. especially when your doctor said you should be fine if you keep gaining.. and in fact you have lost a tiny bit

I know it's hard but try not to worry, if the doc says all is fine then it is. I had a similar problem when I was 37 weeks I measured 32, had a scan and all was fine .... Try not to weigh yourself and stuff it will just make you worry, if baby is moving ok then I'm sure everything is fine, if you notice reduced movement then call mw and get checked out xx

aww hun, i wouldnt worry too much about thw weight, as ur scales may be different from the doc's ones anyway, but i would seriously consider getting checked out if baby isnt moving as much and now that u ahve got swelling just to be on the safe side. Hope all is ok xxx

Dont worry alone hun. phone your midwife and let her no. You should go to hospital for some monitoring

did you decide to be seen? please keep us posted! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->