worrying and stressing!

clucas1988

Reaction score
Is it normal to worry in case you won't ever get a bfp?
I keep hearing awful stories of poor people who can't conceive...plus everyone I know is conciving really quickly...friends on their first or second try.. Its all getting to me and I'm starting to worry like mad. We have only been trying since December, I know its not long! But...I'm getting scared. I missed a period in Jan, and that frightened me too! I guess I need a bit of reassurance? I want to stop this major stress ! Xx

Is it normal to worry in case you won't ever get a bfp?
I keep hearing awful stories of poor people who can't conceive...plus everyone I know is conciving really quickly...friends on their first or second try.. Its all getting to me and I'm starting to worry like mad. We have only been trying since December, I know its not long! But...I'm getting scared. I missed a period in Jan, and that frightened me too! I guess I need a bit of reassurance? I want to stop this major stress ! Xx

Hi there!

I'm in the same boat. 5 of my friends got BFPs on their first try. DH and I have been trying since October. It's hard to not think something is wrong, but when you look at the stats, it can take a while. I got the following from: https://www.babycenter.com/how-long-does-it-take-to-get-pregnant

Of all couples trying to conceive, here's about how long it takes:
30 percent get pregnant the first cycle (about one month)
59 percent get pregnant within three cycles (about three months)
80 percent get pregnant within six cycles (about six months)
85 percent get pregnant within 12 cycles (about one year)
91 percent get pregnant within 36 cycles (about three years)
93 to 95 percent get pregnant within 48 cycles (about four years)

I'm sure we'll both get our BFPs in the next few cycles, we just have to sit back and try not to let it get to us.

FX for us!

Scarry thought isn't it tho!
Thanks for the stats!
I need a chill pill!
Baby dust to us both hun !good luck xxxxx

Scarry thought isn't it tho!
Thanks for the stats!
I need a chill pill!
Baby dust to us both hun !good luck xxxxx

It is scary and I sometimes think it will never happen. I make myself snap out of it bc I don't want it to take me over!!

We will get our BFPs!

Those are great quotes from babycenter. I've also used countdown to pregnancy's fertility calculator to reassure myself:
https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/age_fertility_calculator.php

Oh wow! I had been on countdown before but never saw that tool! That's great although somewhat discouraging... I'm looking 6 cycles so I'm at 62%. The probability is quickly increasing, I'm hoping that's a good thing.

Thanks so much for sharing!!

It can be a pita when it takes so long, and seems so easy for others. 19th month very quickly approaching for us.

It can be a pita when it takes so long, and seems so easy for others. 19th month very quickly approaching for us.

Amen! In the year we've been trying, I've had FIVE close friends and relatives get pregnant - and some weren't even planning it. Ugh.

Hope you get your BFP soon!

The good thing is that we have each other for support and venting.

Never ending baby dust to all!!

I am a huge fan of countdowntopregnancy, and this forum. I am a 'researcher' type person, so I obsess way more than I should, stalk every bit of information I can... Its probably not that healthy, honestly, but whatever helps I guess!

Ugh- I'm totally guilty of over analysis too!! Anytime something different is going on, I somehow find info to support that I am preggers, however it never fails, BFN!

Glad to know I'm not alone with the research and analysis!

I never wanted it to take me over but one too many people told me they are preg now lol I can't snap outta it! I'm highly hormonal too, like permanent pmt! Lol xxxx

Lol I convince myself I'm preg too! This month I refuse to test!!!!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->