Worrying

Penguin20

Reaction score
Hello hopefully it's ok for me to post here, yesterday morning I took a first response a got a positive and then I took a clearblue in the evening and got pregnant 2-3 I was so happy and shocked as thought I didn't ovulate plus been TTC for 14 months just can't believe it has happened

what I wanted to ask is that on Tuesday I had a ultrasound and a transvaginal exam as was being tested for pcos and she told me straight away that I had borderline pcos and a cyst on my left ovary and I have to go back in 6 weeks so she could see if the cyst has changed or any different

I'm worried as wouldn't she of saw something when having my scan or can cyst give off a false positive, I have no symptoms of pregnancy at all other than cramps and no period but my periods can be wacky

Sorry for long post just scared that the women didn't see anything and I had bloods done 2 weeks ago and thought they would of called if anything came up but maybe bloods were taking early

Sorry again girls

If you only got a positive yesterday Hun and a scan last week there is no way you would have seen anything on a scan, even if they repeated the scan today, it's just too early. Our local epu won't even consider scanning untill hcg levels reach 1000. At my 6 week scan all we saw was a tiny sac. Nothing else. I can't help with the pcos, cyst and false positives, I really don't know much about it but maybe pop and see a doctor? Sure they can talk through any worries you may have. Huge congrats on your bfp though!! Try not to worry.

I went for a dating scan at 6 weeks and they couldn't find anything at first. I then had a internal scan and it was sooo teeny you could barely notice it if you weren't looking.

It would be way to early to see anything. My OB wouldn't do a scan until 6wk (though I got one at 5) there were just sacs to see and not much else. I don't have pcos so I can't help there but I have had a few cysts, they are very common. Typically they grow a bit then shrink and disappear. Usually they keep an eye on them to see. I have had one dissappear and another show up and then dissappear and then multiple ones would show up and so on. I was told it's nothing to worry about and it's common. She said it's only an issue if they keep growing and get large. I wouldn't stress out to much about the cyst. I don't think a cyst will give you a false positive, I never got a false positive from a cyst/s.

As for symptoms it's different for everyone. The first one I had was sore boobs ( which I also get near my period) and thought nothing of it. I was pregnant for a month before I found out. I didn't get any other symptoms until week 5. Just go with it and have a scan done at 6 weeks.

With my third pregnancy I had a scan done at 6w4d and they had a hard time finding it. They really had to press on my belly to see it and my bladder had to be REALLY full. It may still be too early yet. As for the cyst, it could be a corpus luteum (sp?) cyst that you get at ovulation and it produces the hormones needed to sustain a pregnancy. Good luck!

My situation is similar, I found out too early, had a scan and couldn't see anything. The report also talks about a cyst and my gyn said it must be the corpus luteum, like pp said. I have another scan next tuesday, ten days after the first one. This time they should see something (I hope!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->