Worst leg cramp of my life... How do I stop?

Stretching my calf muscle before bed worked well for me. I did some classes at the hospital last time and the physio showed us how to do it, I don't remember getting cramps after doing the stretches most nights.

i had these with my first pregnancy, and they got worse too. Nothing i did helped so i just resided my self to its an issue of pregnancy that effects some/most people.

If you do find anything that does work id love for you to share - good luck xxx

I had these in my second trimester, and they only got worse now. I take my multivitamin, stretch, eat bananas, drink tons of fluids, calcium, fruit, etc... and nothing helps. My doctor said it will improve after the baby comes and nothing much else can be done. Our bodies' circulation is just different now that we are carrying a baby and nothing will help it. But they hurt so bad I could cry out in pain. The only thing I can do is spring out of bed as fast as I can and walk it off pacing around the bedroom. I used to only get one per night but now this happens 3x per night. It's terribly painful so I can understand how you feel.

I get this a lot too, right up the back of my leg, hurts for a couple of days after! I always get my husband to hold my leg out and bend my toes back, goes away instantly!!!

tri hopping but i had really bad cramp in both my calves last night - bloody hurt!!! ended up hopping out of bed, trying to walk about and stretch to make it stop but it didnt until about 10 min later. I hate the bloody things!!

I might sound really dumb but what is a cork?

A cork is a bottle stop you get in wine or champagne...

You can also get cork backed coasters

See pics x

Attachments

• cork.jpg
    cork.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 0
  • 61UtIN-J35L.jpg
    61UtIN-J35L.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 0
I went through a period of suffering from this a few years ago and my doctor told me it was because there was too much sodium in my diet, and to drink more water and cut down on anything salty.
Hope that helped, although I could be completely different to you :flower:

I went through a period of suffering from this a few years ago and my doctor told me it was because there was too much sodium in my diet, and to drink more water and cut down on anything salty.

i thought it was lack of salt... i dont really eat anything salty or add salt to my food and i get them occassionally too.

There is little knowledge of the exact nature of leg cramps and as an effect of this there is no primary cure. I will mention a few of which magnesium have been of help for me.
Water intoxication and hyponatremia (low concentration of sodium (salt) in the blood) can cause cramps.
Leg cramps can in a few cases be a result of a reduction of thyroid glandular activity (hypothyroidism). Hypoglycemia, hypocalcemia, hypo- and hypernatremia can produce cramps. Cramps is common with hypoparathyroidism.

i thought it was lack of salt... i dont really eat anything salty or add salt to my food and i get them occassionally too.

Thats really weird! :| I don't add much salt to anything I eat either, but that was what I told. I just went through about 4 weeks of getting them every single night, so I went to my GP. Haven't gotten them since. :thumbup:

ALL the US midwives say that for muscle cramps during pregnancy the BEST thing to do is start a Calcium/Magnesium supplement. A liquid based on is best, but they also sell them in tabs.

I've used this method and it works. Magnesium in particular is really great for muscles cramps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->