Worst week of my life!! Time to chill!

zoey1990

Reaction score
Where do i start? I came off the depo about 4-5 months ago, Which had caused me problems non stop! I had my first proper period on the 31st of last month which mean if my cycles are still 25 days long i should be due another period about the 25-26th of this month but nooooo... My stupid body decided to bleed again yesterday and today, I'm hoping it's stopped by tomorrow. Makes things worse because i didn't even ovulate this month! I feel like total s**t :sad2: So as from tomorrow i'm gonna make a drastic change! No more smoking! I'm stopping evening primrose oil because it's not making a difference :shrug: I'm gonna get healthy! Anyone have any suggestions that might help my situation??
Sorry for going on and on. Needed a little rant :lol:

I have ZERO advice but I didn't want to R&R.. PLUS you smoke? I smoke..and I'm totally convinced that I'm screwing myself with that but I can't QUIT!!!

I dont have much advice, I didnt want to R& R but goodluck..

Maybe look up soy isoflavones to induce ovulation? Just an idea.

Getting healthy is the best thing you can do honestly. When I got pregnant with my son, I was working out and eating healthy and I quit smoking. That is a really good start. Ovulation can be induced through fertility meds or other things but I have heard many stories of women just changing their lifestyle and getting pregnant. Good luck hun!

No advice but well done for deciding to quit smoking :) definately a very positive change to make. Good luck :) xx

I have ZERO advice but I didn't want to R&R.. PLUS you smoke? I smoke..and I'm totally convinced that I'm screwing myself with that but I can't QUIT!!!

I just cant see smoking being a HUGE deal. I mean, I dont advise it but I smoke when I drink. But look at crackheads who do crack and then their babies are addicted to it? Smoking is DEFINITELY not the worst thing you could do nor are you really screwing yourself THAT much. Just trying to make you feel better. :flower:

I just cant see smoking being a HUGE deal. I mean, I dont advise it but I smoke when I drink. But look at crackheads who do crack and then their babies are addicted to it? Smoking is DEFINITELY not the worst thing you could do nor are you really screwing yourself THAT much. Just trying to make you feel better. :flower:

I still smoke when I drink too... Guilty as charged :blush:

I still smoke when I drink too... Guilty as charged :blush:

Lol..Thanks girls!!..but I smoke..every day..so I can't help but feel like I'm causing this? But yes I definitely know what you mean about the cracks having babies all the time so it can't be hurting my chances too bad? Right??? I just know its not helping..:nope:
But for the record I would quit RIGHT AWAY when I get a BFP I did when I got pregnant in '06 so I know it wouldn't be problem!!!

Well it's 7:00am here, I took my temperature as soon as i woke up, It was 36.04. Does that sound right? I'm gagging for my morning fag! I just keep telling myself "Do you want a baby or not?" Looool!!!

Sounds right to me hun, mines usually between 36.08 and 36.3 before ov!
If you're having trouble quitting cold turkey, I'd suggest cutting back by half, and look into some stop smoking aids like nicotine gum or the patch.

Best of luck to you xo

Goodluck huni! When I stopped smoking, I weaned myself on to really light cigs first (1 tenth of the strength of the cigs before). I found it much easier to then start cutting these out slowly.

The thing that finally pushed me on to quit was the knowledge that nicotine in amniotic fluid surrounding the baby is around 10x that of maternal blood levels (the baby will be getting 10x more than you will) and when you consider their size in comparison to your own? .... That's a hell of a lot of nicotine!

:hugs: I know how hard it is to quit.

I'm going to go to the pharmacy today and see what they have to help me, Last time i quit i did it cold turkey because when i was on the patch it just reminded me every time i looked at the patch :lol: I've actually got an electronic cigarette some where from when i last stopped smoking. I might give that a go. I'm so proud of my self! So smoking so far and the morning is the worst! :rofl:

I stopped in june with the chewing gum and it was great! the patches made me feel a bit sick and didn't help me with the habit (it was so much better taking a piece of chewing gum when I had a craving than just having the patch on and not having anything to 'do' when I had a craving if you know what I mean?) this is the longest I've managed to stop for though I have to admit if I've had a few drinks (which isn't often) I have a few :(

i havent read all the replies so not sure if someone has just advised this but sister came off depo to conceive her 2nd lo anyway she started temping straight away and although she had her period at roughly the right time temping showed her that she just wasnt ovulatating!!! this went on for 6 months untill she began ovulating again!!

unfortunately these hormone contraceptives just need time to leave our bodies and allow our bodies to go back to some normalty!!

good luck
donna xx

i havent read all the replies so not sure if someone has just advised this but sister came off depo to conceive her 2nd lo anyway she started temping straight away and although she had her period at roughly the right time temping showed her that she just wasnt ovulatating!!! this went on for 6 months untill she began ovulating again!!

unfortunately these hormone contraceptives just need time to leave our bodies and allow our bodies to go back to some normalty!!

good luck
donna xx

Hi :) Thanks for the info hunnie, I know it can take up to 18 months for your body to go back to normal :( I wish they told me this before i went on it, Oh well. Whats done is done :dohh: I'm still gonna continue to ttc and chart everyday, Maybe i will get lucky :baby: Dust to us all :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->