Worth Asking?

B

birdiex

I've got my booking in appointment with my midwife on monday, at 9+3. I'm 100% sure my uterus has moved up early, which is strange since it's a first baby (after loss). My abdomen is very hard in the middle just above my pubic bone, stays the same all day, and the frequent urination has stopped so i'm assuming the pressure has lifted off my bladder.

I was just wondering if it's worth asking for the midwife to see if she can find the heartbeat on a doppler? I really want to hear it, and I'm kind of intrigued in case there's twins or something, since it's popped out so early. If I asked her to have a feel and confirm that it's popped out, do you think she'd be concerned or willing to try and find a heartbeat? Is it worth just trying to find a home doppler somewhere instead?

Thanks for the opinions :kiss:

You'll probably find its just bloating :) Your baby is only the size of an olive at the moment and will still be snug behind your pubic bone. The midwife could take hours trying to find the heartbeat as there is so many places for an 'olive' to hide. I expect she'll say no to trying to find it using the doppler.

Good luck though, hope it goes well xx

See I thought it was just bloat too but it feels like the top of a mango sticking out above my pubic bone, and when you get to about 2 and a half inches from the centre, it feels squishy like normal - only the bit on the middle at the bottom is hard. My bloat's gone down, but some of my trousers are pretty uncomfortable. Bloat felt totally different :shrug:

Could be wrong though, first pregnancy and everything. Thanks for the answer!

I've been wondering the same thing. I know it's common to show earlier with subsequent pregnancies, but I'm looking huge, and I think I can feel my uterus. Makes me wonder whether I am further along than I thought :shrug:

Might be worth asking; if she doesn't want to use a doppler, perhaps you could ask if she could feel your tummy? that way she will be able to tell you if it's raised out of the pelvis alreayd.

Yeah, I thought maybe if I asked her first and thought it was wierd it was out so early, I could ask her to use the doppler then. That way she'll possibly be able to diagnose if there's more than one as well, if she can hear two separate heartbeats. I can't be further on, my dates are bang on, since I get pain when I ovulate so I always know exactly when it is.

Thanks for the response x

I can deffinately feel the top of my uterus and have been for the last couple of weeks, iv felt it get bigger. The baby is only very very small at the moment but ur uterus is about the size of a fist with all the fluid.
In the morning when my bladder is very full its much higher up in my abdomen, its deffinatley uterus and not bloat as it is very hard and not squidgy. Iam very slim though so mabe thats why i can feel mine easily. plus i have had a few pregnancies already (no babies yet though) so guess it could mean that it would move up quicker

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->