worth it? newborn bath support

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by x_ellen, May 31, 2011.

1. x_ellen

x_ellen pregnant teen

2. KateyCakes

KateyCakes Mum to two!

Honestly, IMO I think it's a waste of money sweetheart.
    Especially for a newborn, they aren't in the bath for very long.
    I just hold my LO in the bath with my hand underneath her arm. :flower:

3. TwilightAgain

TwilightAgain LTW for our LO <3

Well I can't speak from experience at all, but if you think its worth it than go for it. I've seen quite a few stories where parents have dropped their LOs because they're quite slippery. Will it only be suitable for a newborn or could you use it for a good few months? Because if you can then I would say its worth the money but as I say, I can't speak from experience :)

4. rainbows_x

rainbows_x Mummy.

I wouldn't bother personally.

When she was little we would just hold her up, then when she was 4 months we started putting her in the big bath. x

5. Emily louise

Emily louise My Little boy Alfie

My next door neighbour had one for her little boy and she said its the best thing she bought but for 8 pound I think its aBARGIN ! x

6. AriannasMama

AriannasMama Guest

I just bought a little bath sponge to lay my LO on when she was teeny and it was really cheap, like $3 or something like that. If they have one of those in the UK that would be good to get. I even use it now for her to sit on in the bath so she doesn't slip.

7. Yazz_n_bump

Yazz_n_bump Me, Fiancé & Jack! :)

Waste of money, just hold them with your arms in a baby bath, thats what I do with my LO and had no problems. Newborns can't go in the bath for long anyway as they get to cold.

8. vaniilla

vaniilla Well-Known Member

we had a baby support, for the first few weeks its a life saver, I was really nervous with washing lo and it really helped, I wouldn't get one for a second baby but for the first its really helpful even if just for a short while:flower:

9. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Cael's Mom

Got a baby bathtub at a garage sale for $3 (about 1.8 pounds). Mom says I shouldn't need any sort of extra support thing in there but I can't answer from experience.

10. _laura

_laura Mummy to Monster Max

waste of money, they are made of really hard plastic and Max hated it because it wasnt comfy in the slightest. to be honest we washed him in the sink for the first couple of months and after that we just held him in the bath while we washed him as its really quick in the early months. it's only recently that we bought an aquapod (from mothercare) and Max loves his baths.

11. Callie-xoxox

Callie-xoxox Mummy Of Lyrik<3

I wouldn't bother with it
    When Lyrik was small it took me like 5 minutes to bath her.