Would a Chemical Pregnancy Alter My Luteal Phase?

second.time

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm trying for my second kid, just ended my second cycle of trying with what seems to be a chemical pregnancy (positive test on the day I started my period).

A CP would be disappointing enough, but I'm also upset because I saw that I ovulated on CD 12 (temps/OPK/CM) and this was a 22-day cycle with spotting the day before AF. That puts me at a 9/10 day luteal phase, which is apparently ... not great.

I know my cycles are short and irregular. Often 24/25 days, but sometimes 22/23. I just figured I was ovulating earlier on those cycles (for example, on a 22-day cycle, I thought I must be ovulating on CD 10). Last month, I was only tracking CM and put ovulation at CD 12, and I had a nice 25-day cycle with no spotting.

My question: should I assume that I have a 10-day luteal phase? Since this is my first month of verifying O with OPKs/temps, should I wait a few more months? Is it possible that the chemical pregnancy just messed things up and I would have had a longer cycle if I hadn't conceived?

Thank you! Trying to stay optimistic about this.

I would wait a couple months. But my experiences with chemicals is they made my LP longer.

I would wait a couple months. But my experiences with chemicals is they made my LP longer.

Thanks! That's kind of my instinct as well. Last time I had a CP, it came at about 15 DPO. I have no clue what's happening with me this time ... going to see my GP tomorrow and try to get some peace of mind. My hormones seem to be all over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->