Would anyone reccomend Metformin for weightloss and TTC?

mushy1981

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Just wondered if anyone had been prescribed metformin to help lose weight and increase the chances of conceiving?? Doc has told me that until I lose approx 4 stone the fertility clinic will not touch me!! (great!!) What the hell do we all pay national innsurance for???? Anyway I know it's my fault for putting the weight on, but I do think this has been partly caused by the PCOS.

Any advice is muchly appreciated girls

Clare xx:coffee:

No i didnt take any glucophage, but i heard that it great for pcos suffers to lose weight by controlling our insulin... They also say it helps the clomid, if you plan on taking that... With pcos we tend to gain weight easily but have the worst time losing it. I too have pcos, after i stopped eating sugar i lost 60lbs and conceived naturally, but had an missed m/c at 13wks. A year after my m/c(jan. 5 20011) i still hadnt conceived... So i took matters into my own hand and got clomid... I took it march 1, 2011 and got my bfp april 1. 2011. Metformin/ glucophage helps alot of women on clomid....but losing weight naturally(with metformin) really helps a lady to conceive!!!

I have 2 cousins, that were told it was impossible for them to get pregnant. They tried for years. Took metformin, now both have a child, one 2 kids.

its not about national insurance, its because the treatments are less likely to work if youre a certain amount overweight, dont be offended by it.

i would wholly reccomend metformin to you. i went on dianette for 4 months to get the cycle going then took metformin to induce ovulation and got pregnant a week after going on metformin, 5 months before i had told that the endocrinologist thought it impossible for me to conceive without clomid or ivf.

I also lost some weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->