Would anyone recommend opk testing in the evening?

Pinkflower27

Reaction score
Hiya, I've posted before about getting mixed messages from my opk and I'm wondering if I'm testing at the wrong time of day.

I've been testing with second urine of the day at 10am then again at 2pm but my 2 pm test always seems lighter than the morning one. I've now changed to 5 pm and got a little darker test line ( still not a positive). I'm just wondering if anyone tests a little later and gets the +ive results? Thankyou :)

I usually test 3 times a day around midday, 4 or 5 pm and before I go to bed. I do find I have to have a decent hold and not drink too much water. What tests do you have?

Hi, I'm just using internet cheapies at the moment as this is my first month using opk's. I think the brand is called onestep and they're the strips. Have you used these ones before?

Today was the first time testing at 5 pm rather than 2 and I think I did get a darker ( not positive) line so I'm going to hold on until 7 to test again xx

Also I'm not sure when I'm meant to O as my periods can vary between 32-35 days and i have a feeling this month could be shorter as they seem to be getting shorter since having my coil removed a number of months back. All the online calculators say I'm due to O sometime this week and I've seen an increase in cm and tender breast so I'm hoping this week I get a +ive opk at some point. Eeek xx

I do AM and PM. Would do one mid-day if I wasn't at work...and I didn't work with my mother lol. I tend to have a longer surge, about a day and a half, but some women's is short so they test multiple times a day to be sure to catch it. It's also really hard for me to test during the day even when I'm home because I drink a ton of water! And it dilutes the reading. I usually do fmu as I'm not home for smu lol. Then a bit before bed so I have time to read it before I go to sleep.

Hi kylasbaby, ahh I know it can be so difficult to find the time to test lots and also get time on your own to do the actual test lol. Do you find you get a better result in the evening? Like darker lines? Xx

I can't remember now, I've used a few different brands and now use wondfos. They seem to be more sensitive for me.

I used to have 30-35 day cycles and would O from cd19 onwards.

Good luck hope you see a positive soon!

Hi kylasbaby, ahh I know it can be so difficult to find the time to test lots and also get time on your own to do the actual test lol. Do you find you get a better result in the evening? Like darker lines? Xx

No. I find it works whenever I take it. But the actual surge you're looking for comes at different times so you could get a better result at a different time of day. Mine all look the same until I get my surge then it goes positive. I don't build up to it. So when the surge is happening they're positive then they go away once it's over.

Thankyou for all the replies, I tested at 7 pm and the line is defo getting darker so here's hoping! I'll test like mad tomorrow and hopefully get my +ive. Sending lots of babydust 👶 xx

I usually test after work 6-7pm and get my positive then, so I don't think it matters when as long as you have a good hold.

I tEst when i wake and again at 8 or 9.

I kept missing the surge until i switched.

Update, I saw what seemed like ewcm this morning and decided to do an opk test at half 9 and yippee got a very positive line xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->