Would going early freak you out?

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
I am fully prepared to go past 40 weeks without worrying or stressing about getting baby out but the idea of baby coming early (after 37 weeks) makes me feel a bit panicy.

Anyone else feel like this or am i a bit weird?

I would only be worried if baby came premature, after 37 and I would be fine.

x

I just started a thread about that very subject a couple of days ago. Yes I feel panicky about going into labour before my due date. But I think it's mostly because I'm not ready yet, I'm just now starting to throw things in my hospital bag.

Yes, I have so much going on at the mo, I'm hoping I go to 41 weeks!! :flower:

I cant imagine going into labour earlier then my due date. I guess its because ive had 16th july onwards in my head for 9 months so earlier would be a bit of a shock.

Were pretty much ready now stuff wise though

Although I know every pregnancy is different, I'm fully prepared to go over as I did with Belle x like you said I've had 6th august in my head and for it to be earlier would mess my head up lol

I've also got nothing ready :dohh: we've got everything as having another girl but nothing ready to use and no hospital bag :dohh: xxx

:baby:as long as i am past 37 weeks im happy!!!!!

My daughter was a week late so I'm expecting to go late again this time (I know that's not always the way it happens!), so if she came before my due date I think I do think I'd be shocked and unprepared! Mainly because, like you, I've had a date in my head for so long now but also because I'm now 37 weeks, with no bag packed, my pushchair's only being collected this week and we're getting a new car at the weekend....Wow, I really hope she doesn't come this week lol!!

I'd be happy if she came at any point after 37 weeks, not nervous about that really.

It would be more convenient if she came on my due date, because my mum is coming up to stay over that period to look after DD1 whilst I am in labour/hospital (she lives 200-odd miles away). So new baby needs to arrive just on time to fit in with travel plans! :dohh: Ain't never gonna happen I know!

I'm ready as soon as I hit 37 weeks! My first was born right at 37 weeks, my 2nd was 2 weeks overdue. So after experiencing both sides of it I am going to say that 37 weeks was much less stressful for me! I despised sitting around after I hit 40 weeks thinking "will it happen already?" lol...and it never did happen on it's own. I was induced at 42 weeks.

I too feel like I will be ready from 37 weeks. I can't see me being a very happy bunny going overdue - fingers crossed!

I'd love to go before my due date as long as it was after 37 weeks. I went 5 days overdue with Harvey and each day felt like an eternity. Plus, OH is due to go into hospital for an operation around my due date and the inlaws have a holiday booked for a few days after so it would be handy if LO decided to make a slightly early appearance.

I'm 37 weeks... and as far as I'm concerned, LO can come TODAY!

There are still some things I'd like to get done, so another couple of weeks won't matter either, but I'm just SO ready not to be pregnant anymore, haha. I don't know if I feel "ready" to have a baby at home, but my due date is June 28th and I desperately want a June baby (not just because I don't want to go over, but because 90% of my friends/family--including me-- have birthdays in July too!). So I'll be happy as long as he comes in June!

I didn't feel ready really until last week though. Then something just kind of 'clicked' and I thought, you know, why the heck not?!

It's totally normal not to feel ready though... I think that especially for us first-timers (although it's possible for everyone of course!) it's so uncertain because we don't know what to expect! I just figure I'm as ready as I'll ever be :)

now i have hit my due date and have no baby i would have much prefered to have gone early anytime after 38 week would have been good for me lol

i'm just the same! Excited as I am i'm also in no rush..... any time next wednesday onwards and i'm good :thumbup: if i was to go into labour now, i'd panic i think!!! :shrug:

I'd love to go early at 37 weeks I've always went the full time and was induced after 11 days, them 11 days are like the whole 40 weeks over again

I'm being induced at 37 weeks this time. I'm grateful that it won't be any longer than that....

When my son arrived at 38 weeks we were a bit shellshocked by it but I think i'd rather that than going massively over. This time it doesn't bother me as much as there's nothing a quick trip to a 24 supermarket won't fix!

Hes welcome to come ANY time after 37 weeks. We are ready for him, we've got everything we need. I don't want him coming before. Ideally if i could pick a time it would be 38.5 weeks. But obviously I cannot do that so we'll just wait and see. I'm not prepared for him to go past 40 weeks though and depending on his predicted size we may induce at 40 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->