Would it be ok to BF in a baby group?

K

Kalah

I only recently started going to a baby group. It's a sign language group and I've only been once so far. Last time I was there after all the signing and singing everyone was just sat around letting their LO's play and giving them snacks. (Mine was the youngest there) Well she got hungry and I wasn't sure if I should feed her there or go back home and do it (I only live a 5 minute walk away). No one was giving bottles or BFing it was just people giving little finger food snacks. My LO is WAY to messy to have those without her whole bib, wipes, floor mat, bath afterwards, etc..
Now I am shy about feeding in public, but in this case it's more of a question of is it normal to do in a baby group that's almost over anyway? I tend to be a little behind on the rules of being social, I don't actually have any friends so I just don't know what the social "rules" are.

I can remember being concerned about feeding etiquette at my first group. I soon realised that if your baby needs feeding, then you just get on with it :) bf at baby groups gave me the confidence to feed anywhere.

I bf Evan during baby massage yesterday. He didn't do any massage cos he was hungry :)

These places are usually very pro bf :)

I say go for it if she's hungry. I would be quite surprised if anyone had a problem with it.

A hungry baby is a hungry baby so of course its ok to feed your LO.

I used to run a baby group when I worked in a children's centre - my mum's used to BF & I didn't blink an eye - as someone else said - if your baby's hungry they need to eat!!

if there's one place you can feel ok breastfeeding it's a baby group, a couple of the girls do at ours and noone even notices and/or cares. like someone else said, these places are really pro breastfeeding. infact I feel quite inadequate when I am at the surestart centre with all the stuff around to advertise it. lol. just enjoy your baby and you r group xxxxx

Of course you can BF at a baby group :thumbup:

At the baby group i go to, either bottles or boobies are always out :haha:

Yeah definitely feed your lo there. Those ladies won't judge. I use a nursing cover in public but I will literally feed anywhere and I have never had anyone say anything or even give me a look. We live in a very liberal city though. Just be brave and remember that all you are doing is feeding your lo, if someone doesn't like it than they are they are the one with the issues, not you Hun. Good luck! xx

We do tiny talk at a local sure start centre and if someone BF their baby nobody would bat an eyelid- or even notice really lol.

As others have said, baby groups are a good way of working on your NIP technique! Other mum's won't mind :) :hugs:

I don't really feel comfortable feeding in public either but I have fed at baby group before. I saw another woman bf her baby first and no-one batted an eyelid, it really increased my confidence to feed in public.

yeah its quite common to see mummys bf'ing in baby groups, i have done it plenty of times and never felt uncomortable :)

Definitely! At my baby group, there was always at least one mom breastfeeding. :)

There is always some one Bf or FF at every group I've ever been to! I've chatted to a BF'ing mum whilst giving my LO a bottle many a time. No one will bat an eyelid.

Of course it's fine hun. I go to an under 1's baby group and loads of mums there whip their boobs out to feed their lo if they're bf or bottles if ff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->