would it be so bad to take cough medicine?!

alice&bump

mummy to katie
Reaction score
i'm really struggling! i've had a cough for like 2 weeks now, whcih i thought was getting better, but it just keeps getting worse! i feel really sick, every time i cough i'm wretching cos i'm coughing that hard and for so long!

i was going to go make an appt at the docs yesterday, but thought it was getting better so didnt bother. i've been munching my way thru packets of halls soothers, but they do bugger all, just calm it down for a while!

OH said well you get cough medicine for babies, so surely i could take that cos its a low dose?? but i wouldnt hae thought such a low dose would do anything?

i'm at my wits end, its so horrible!

I dunno, probably! i would haha, but thats meeee i really have no idea! and i see you'll be leaving me soon yet again!!!!

I would speak to the chemist, it might be that its just certain chemicals that are a problem, I dont know. Have you tried honey and lemon drinks and that kind of thing?

i did think about honey and lemon drinks, but i dont really know how to make them, and i always assume you need alcohol in them :lol: or, like to think tey need alcohol!!

zara, i cant believe it, its so flying by!! i cant believe you're 18 weeks already aswell!

I know almost half way!
Just go to the chemist to buy some and ask if its ok for you too take, should be orite, if not go to the drs and tell them you neeed some they should give you some anyway, i cant see it beeing harmfull really!

i dont know if i can wait til mon to see the docs lol! might pop to the chemist tho and see what they say! i remember someone from work telling me when she was pregnant she had a stinking cold and the MW said she couldnt take lemsip or sudafed or anythin, so i dont know if they're much different to cough medicine??

why no lemsip!? i took lemsip when i had swine flu! i know its not recomended you take ibroufen but i didnt know that untill i was pregnant this time and i took it all the way threw with charlie, then again i was on pretty strong pain killers by the time i had him and that was all hunkey dory, but lemsip is just paracetamol with a nice (URGHH) lemmony taste!

It's anything that's a decongestant or anti-inflammatory that's a problem while you're pregnant. A lot of lemsip type things have extra ingredients.

My Mum used to make her own by powdering down paracetamol with ribena and adding hot water and sugar!

Try honey in lemon juice see if that helps. Im sure you can take simple lintus when your pregnant cause isnt as harsh as some of other medicines.

I had a sore throat a few weeks back it was really bad, I went to boots & spoke to the pharmacist who said Glycerin, Honey and Lemon Linctus was fine to take which i did it helped an awful lot :hugs::hugs:

I took sudafed original when i couldnt take it anymore, though i only took it once, it really seemed to help and the stuff i read on the net didnt seem to be too against it as long as it was the original one!

well i'm off to the emergency docs with katie later, cos bless her she's caught it and is really poorly :( so i'll ask the doc and see what they say!

i did think about honey and lemon drinks, but i dont really know how to make them, and i always assume you need alcohol in them :lol: or, like to think tey need alcohol!!

zara, i cant believe it, its so flying by!! i cant believe you're 18 weeks already aswell!

I always make up a cup of tea (no milk) and add honey and lemon to taste.

When I'm not pregnant, it's honey, lemon, hot water and whiskey (Hot Toddie). :mrgreen:

Good luck at the doc's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"