Would like your opinion please

Status
Not open for further replies.

maccy

Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls
Reaction score
My husband lost his job last week and this puts us in the sh*t basically. :cry:

Anyway, I so want to give my beautiful girls all they want (it's not loads) so my and hubby have said that we'll sort them and everyone else family mums dads, granparents etc we'll leave out this year, but I feel bad and I have already bought some people,so I can't give them presents and not others can I?

I have the grandparents calendars of the girls and a small picture should I get little something to go with it? Urgh I hate feeling like this, money shouldn't mean everything but it helps doesn't it?

What would you do?

U shouldn't feel under pressure to buy anybody anything. So long as ur girls are sorted, it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks. I bet the grandparents aren't expecting anything given ur situation and will be chuffed with the calendars x

id say just give the grandparents their calendars and they will be made up. everyone should understand your situation, and if they dont who cares. just concentrate on your girls xx

Christmas is really about the kids anyways...as long as they are sorted, all should be fine. We're in the same boat with little money too, but concentrating on making sure LO is sorted as well as the nieces and nephews. We both work part time so have a hard time making ends meet, but I try and sell a few things on ebay every week for some extra Christmas money...could you give ebay a go? xx

I wouldn't worry too much hun, just concentrate on your girls- you'll all have a lovely Christmas regardless. I hope your OH manages to find another job soon- we've been there before- it sucks! :hugs:

Nightmare! I hope he finds a new job soon. Christmas really isn't worth getting into debt over and I'm sure everyone will understand your situation. I bet the grandparents will love their calendars! :hugs:

I cant afford to get anyone anything, i get maisies presents, my nephew, my mom and dad (nanny and grandad off maisie too ) then ill do a little personalised thing for my nan and grandad and 2 auntys off maisie, usually only a card and a little picture or something. I could no way afford to buy everybody presents xx

:hugs: we dnt get for anyone other than kids in the family ( and thats only 4 ) my mam and dad we get a little sumat frm morgan, cant even get each other anything really,a nice card says it all i think :thumbup:

sorry this has happened x

Sorry to hear about the job loss. Hopefully, he finds something temporary quick.

I've always thought Christmas was about spending time with family, loved ones, rather than about giving/receiving gifts. I would just worry about what you can afford for your children..it may not be the hottest toy this year but at least they have presents to open. Buying for everyone in your family is just to expensive, I'd give the grandparents their present because I'm sure that's non-refundable and take back the other gifts. Rough times call for rough measures.

We're actually moving the first of the year, so we're going to have to cut costs where we can this Christmas. Unfortunately, we aren't buying for everyone, but really just our parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"