Would LO be ok if born now

cheryl

mum of 3 +1 mc
Reaction score
At 36 weeks would LO be ok, With the contractions I have been getting I think I may be going into labour.
Just wondering whats the chances he would need to go to special care. When my son was on special care, it was awful, the worst time in my life.
All the way through this pregnancy I have worried that he will come early. I am really happy I have got this far. But still worried. I have dreamt of the perfect birth and having him delivered onto me, I didn't get that with my son he was took away and I didn't even see him.
Any ideas ladies, I know he is a good size my last scan at 35 weeks showed he was aprox just over 5lb 6oz.
Luv Cheryl xxx

Try not to worry, babies are considered full term at 37 weeks so your baby would only be premature for 6 days. Im sure everything will be ok and good luck :hugs:

Thanks hun, Just worried he will end up in special care again, I really don't want to go through that again.
Luv Cheryl xxx

Every day that goes by your LO is closer to being ready for birth and you are very close now to being considered term. Try not to worry!

Thanks hun, I just can't help but worry.
Luv Cheryl xxx

try not to worry honey, like the others have said babies born at 37weeks are considered full term, so if he was to arrive now, he would be only a week early.

C xxx

Thanks hun, Thats a great way to see it at least he has a good chance.
Feeling really crampy all the time at the moment,
Luv Cheryl xxx

baby will be fine i had harry at 37 weeks at 3lb 13oz xxx:hugs:

Thank you hun, and Harry is gorgeous.
Luv Cheryl xxx

Hon I am sure DS would be ok, you're not far off full term now.

Jem had her baby Saturday as you probably know and they are certain Ollie was early and he came home with her the next afternoon. x x

Thank you hun, and Harry is gorgeous.
Luv Cheryl xxx

the only thing was i had to stay in for a week and they had to test harrys blood suger every hour, i had my own room tho your both be fine hun:hugs:

hey cheryl i think youl be fine...tommy was born at 35 weeks and yes he was in special care but that was because of his breathin gand the really complicated induction he had to go through bless him...think of it as the others said..if your 36 weeks then youl only be 6 days early tomorrow...i bet youl have a perfect birth and bambino will be placed on you this this time..dont worry just try and relax, what will be will be and if they do come early see it as you have them for a few weeks more than others!!

h x

i'm sure you'll be fine, he was a good size at your last scan, and you've got a week on that. try relax and not panic.
take your time and rest,
you know where i am.
keep me posted.
xxx

You'll be fine Cheryl :hugs: Jem's baby wasnt classed as term technically and they were home the same day. Think positive and hopefully you'll get to the end of half term, kids back at school, full term baby and then he can come when he wants!! xx

I had Jake at 32 wks he was 5lb2oz needed to be kept warm for 2day and allowed home 10 days I had katie at 35 ks and went home within 48hrs I am sure all will be fine
hugs xxx

Thank you ladies, What would I do without you all.
I am feeling loads of pressure down there like he wants to come out. The contactions are still coming but only every now and again. They seem to have slowed right down.
Luv Cheryl xxx

Aww hun!

Am sure he'll be fine if he comes abit early. He's a great weight already!

Maya was born at 38+2 & was 5lb 8oz so not much more than your LO now!

I just had to keep her warm all the time :D

xxx

I am worried about that now at my stage! i say it would be ok. If mine where born now it has a good chance i read but defo at your stage.

Don't stress! My midwife let me know that at my hospital they don't stop labor after 36 weeks (though they'd prefer you go at 37 or later). It seems from what I've read/heard that most babies born at 36 weeks are able to go home the next day, or after just a few. You and LO will be fine!

Thanks ladies, I know he will beok its just the thought of him being took away from me and took to special care, my son spent 4 weeks there and it was the worst time of my life and all I have done is worry all the way through about him coming early.
I have had loads more of my mucus plug again today followed by a permenant period pain, it seems to have eased off abit now.
Luv Cheryl xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->