Would love to know how much other ladies 11 week olds are drinking....

bananabump

Mummy to Leo!
Reaction score
as my friend annoyed me a bit tonight!!!!

I've been round at a friends house with the girls and took Leo with me, only for a couple of hours to watch X factor etc :thumbup: Well one of my friends has recently started working at a nursery and also has lots of young babies as relatives too... So when Leo wanted his bottle, she was shocked to see that it had 6oz in it. She was like 'Oh my god does he drink all of that?!' and I told her that yes he usually has 5 6oz bottles a day... She went on to tell me that she has NEVER come across a baby as young as Leo who drinks that much in one go, and that one of the babies she knows is 6months and still doesnt drink that!!! Then she kept saying things throughout the night like 'Aw he's so chubby now' and 'I can't believe how much bigger he is than last time I saw him' and 'He nearly weighs as much as *** who is 5 months, wow!'.

I know I shouldn't really let it get to me but it has! As far as I was aware Leo is drinking what he should be at his age and is a perfect weight for his age too! He was teeny when he was born (6lbs 10oz) and was just under the 25th percentile so obviously I'm chuffed that he's now 11 weeks old, 13lbs 2oz and on the 50th percentile! But now I'm starting to worry lol Silly I know!

Just wondering what sort of amount other bottle fed babies of the same age are drinking?!

Thanks ladies, just needed a bit of a rant as OH is in bed! haha x x x

She's a moron.

Does your Doctor have an issue with it? If not, then ignore her.

My LO was also a little runt when he was born and only weighed 6lb 9oz. He's taken 210ml's (I think that's 7oz) at each feed, and has been for the past 2 weeks. He now weighs 12lb 13oz and has also moved to the 50th from the 25th. During the past few days he's begun sleeping though the night and has a feed every 4hrs at 7am, 11am, 3pm and 7pm

My friends LO who is 13 weeks has also been taking the same amount for a few weeks now.

Yari takes 6 during the day, 8 when she wakes at night. Sometimes she will take 10-12 before bed. This only has happened a handful of times though lol

Hmm...my little girl is 11 weeks, she weighs 13lbs 9oz and was 6lbs 6oz when born. She's breastfed, though. So...I'm sure she'd be drinking just as much as your LO if on formula! I wouldn't worry, it sounds like he's growing perfectly.

My LO is 12 weeks and has 5oz every 3-4hrs!

He was a teeny 4lb 6oz at birth so 5 oz is loads, he's been on that for about 6 weeks now.

He now weighs over 11lb and HV is really pleased with him.

She said to me not to pay attention to what the guidelines are on the packet as every baby is different and will want different amounts of food - just like adults do!

My LO is 10 weeks and he's been crying for more after his 6oz so he's on 7 now xx

I think that this is normal if they are sleeping longer. Lots of babies start sleeping though the night at this time, so they start taking in more calories during the day. Maybe your friends babies didnt STTN. I with BM they say about something like 25-30 ounces a day, so sounds fine to me!

Oh tell her to jog on - it's a totally normal amount - and Fran was on 6 or 7x 7oz bottles, and weighed 15lbs at that age!!!

My 9 week old takes 8oz every 3 and a half hrs. He is a big boy tho on the 98th percentile.

My LO is 12 weeks & has been on 7ozs 5 or 6 times a day. She doesn't always drink all 7 but was draining 6ozs 6 times a day at 10 weeks. So

Sorry I'll finish that shall I?! So your LO's milk intake sounds perfectly normal to me :0)

Haha aw thanks ladies, made me feel a lot better! Just at the time I felt like she was trying to make me feel like I was fattening him up or something! When what I've heard is that a baby will drink as much as he/she needs! Its great to see that babies vary so much and come in so many different shapes and sizes! Sounds like Leo is pretty darn average to me! And it definitely works for him because he's been sttn 10.30pm til 8.30am since he was 8 and last night had his best night ever sleeping 9pm til 9am the little superstar! Xxx

I used to worry about how much LO ate too, even the doc said it's too much! But she is a happy healthy baby, not "fat" or anything, and she has been a huge eater since she was born. She has been on 6oz 5 or 6 times a day for awhile now and after her morning feed has another 2 oz about an hour later since she hasn't eaten since the night before. And she is not even a big girl! (She was born 7lb 7oz and is about 11-11.5lbs now)

When my DD takes expressed milk in a bottle she drinks 5 oz and she's 4 wks old

my baby has just turned 11 weeks and he now weighs 13lb 3oz. he takes 6oz in the morning and his other bottles are 5oz. at night he takes 8oz over an hour. A book i have says that babies who are almost 3 months take about 7-8oz before bed. your friend clearly dosent have a clue! xx

HAHAHA mine is 6 1/2 weeks and takes 5-6oz every 4 hours ! What a thing to say to a mum as if we don't worry about enough all ready. MY health visitor said to only listen to nursery nurses that are moms already as all babies are different. My LO used to have 1-2 oz every 2 hours when someone told me he should have 4 every 4 hours I pooped my pants but he's v happy v healthy and I follow his lead :) if they don't want to eat they won't your doing a fab job!

my baby is 9 weeks she takes 4oz every 2 hrs from 6am till 10pm ish but sleeps from 10pm till 6am x

My 11 week old takes around 5oz every three hours but tends to only feed twice between 7pm - 6am. She was little at 5lb 10 but has moved up a centile and is now 10lb 8. Please don't let others let you worry. I'm sure your instinct is right and that you're being led by your baby on what is the right amount to feed them. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->