would love to tell DH on Father's Day

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by mrshanna, Jun 4, 2011.

1. mrshanna

mrshanna LTTTC#1---onto IVF

So many "special Occasions" have come and gone since we started ttc. First it was...wouldnt it be a great Christmas gift to tell my family on Christmas that we are expecting. Then it was DHs birthday. And then for Easter I bought a little stuffed bunny rabbit and card...prepared to deliver the good news that way. Now here we are and its June. *sigh* June? Really? 9 months into the TTC journey.

I know a lot of ladies try much longer than this before their BFPs. I also know a lot of you ladies have gone much longer without a BFP...and my heart bleeds for you. It truly does. This is the biggest test of patience of my entire life!

I hope and pray that those of us due for AF around Father's day can give our OHs the best gift imaginable. :thumbup:

2. mammag

mammag Expecting a Rainbow

Omg! I didn't even realize! That would be sooo exciting, so Father's Day is the 19th, today is the 04th, so that gives me 15 days to O and get my :bfp: !! :haha: Well, that may not happen but it would be nice for it to be close!!!

3. Mommyagain

Mommyagain Expecting 2nd son!

I know what you mean. Every major holiday since I've been ttc I've secretly hoped I would have some big news to share. Crazy enough almost every holiday another family member on either my side or my hubbies side had announced their bfp! I'm thinking seriously...when has this ever happened in my life. So it would be lovely if fathers day was my turn to have an announcement.

4. mom and ttc

mom and ttc Well-Known Member

If I would get my bpf which is very unlikely, we would celebrate fathers day early :D

5. CertainTurton

CertainTurton Mummy to a toddler

I'm on cd7 now so depending on when I ovulate I'm hoping to tell DH on fathers day! Would be soo perfect :)

6. Camlet

Camlet Mummy of 3 :)

Aww sounds perfect I'm not due af until the 22nd though & never have had an early bfp so doubt I will this month lol such a lovely thought though! I'm always the same it was maybe on valentines day then maybe Easter & maybe we could have a Christmas baby ect & will probably be saying the same thing all year round as i'm pretty sure I'll be ttc for quite a while judging how long it took me last time xx

7. smokey

smokey Mummy to a monkey

I was going through some old post of mine the other day and found this
    https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/141708-testing-fathers-day.html

I ended up cheating and testing a few days earlier and someone did finely grant my wish :)I told my dad, grandad, and OH grandad (who LO is named after) on fathers day.
    OH knew a few days before but he got a massive card :)
    In my dads card I got him a grandfathers card and just wrote see you next year :)

I wish you all the same luck I had :)

8. Wendyk07

Wendyk07 Mummy to Derrin and PAL

I am only on my first cycle of ttc#2 so it would be foolish to think that i will get a bfp this month unless i am incredably lucky. It would be lovely though to either tell DH on Fathers day or on his birthday which is at the end of this month.
    Wendy
    x

9. smokey

smokey Mummy to a monkey

Hi wendy, I remember you from first time round with trying for number 1, you beat me to trying for number 2 :)