Would really appreciate feedback....

nfg

Reaction score
Hi all, I just joined this forum, and this is going to be a cross-post because I originally posted this on the main TTC forum, but just realized that there is a forum for TTC over 35, so I wanted to post here, too, in order to introduce myself and to ask for feedback on my situation.

My original post said:

Hi,

I am a mom of three kids. I have a 19 year old, a 10 year old, and a 5 1/2 year old.

This past January, a few months away from my 38th birthday, I talked my husband into trying for just one more baby. It was already the end of the month, so February was our first full cycle trying. No luck.

In March, we tried again. I started prenatals, and this time I used OPK's as I had no idea when I even ovulated (and my cycle varies from 28-34 days). Seemed to figure out a pretty good idea as to when I ovulated by using the OPK's and it turns out I ovulated around the 12th of the month. In March, that was around CD18. No luck getting pregnant that cycle either.

In April, we tried again, and I continued using the OPK's. Again, I seemed to get a positive OPK around the same time of month- like CD18-CD20ish but it was hard to read those stupid blue lines so I was never quite positive... no luck conceiving.

In May, I turned 38. I decided to switch to digital OPKs so I could be more sure, even though they were more expensive. I got my smiley face/positive on May 11th- CD19. No luck conceiving. CD32 I ended up getting my period.

Now it is June, and we're in our fifth month of trying. I knew we were getting the timing right, I know I'm already 38, I'm a bit worried about age being more of a deterrent than I thought (and I am overweight, too). So, this month, I decided to try Soy Isoflavones after reading up on them. I took 150 mg of Soy CD2, CD3, CD4, and CD5, and I took 200 mg of Soy CD6. Each time, I took them right before bed. I also took 500 mg a day of Vitamin C this cycle. I had no side effects of any sort up until now.

My period for this cycle started on May 24th. My period was gone by May 30th (normal length for me). I used the digital OPK tests again this cycle and got my positive 5-6 days sooner than usual after using the soy! On 6/5- CD13! We "bd'd" that morning right after I got my positive and again that night.

But then yesterday, 6/6 (CD14) I started noticing some pinkish reddish spotting whenever I wiped. I figured okay it's probably just some ovulation spotting due to the estrogen levels or whatever, I'm sure it's no biggie (even though I NEVER get mid cycle spotting or bleeding, I figured it happened this time due to the soy). But then by the end of the day, the pinkish spotting turned reddish and the spotting got a bit heavier and even though I would have liked to "bd" again last night to help my cause here, the spotting put me off and I decided to skip it.

Then today it ended up being even more red and now it's almost seeming like it's a second period rather than just spotting. Not a crazy heavy one or anything but definitely beyond just "spotting"- I'm going through pads the way I would if it were the start of a normal period.

So, er, has anyone else experienced this?? It is making me a bit nervous. I am hoping that everything is okay and that the soy will help me conceive this month and that the two times we tried the day I got my positive OPK will be enough- right now I'm just wishing this bleeding would stop though.

Sorry this is so long and sorry if any of it is TMI, I would surely appreciate any feedback and/or words of comfort!

Thank you,
Nancy

I don't want to R&R because I know it is so frustrating to see that people read the thread and don't reply.

I'm not really sure what this could be....I would say maybe Implantation bleeding but it sounds way too soon for that and like too much blood. Sorry I am not of much help! Good luck to you!

First off, welcome and I also go back and forth among boards, but you will find all of the women here wonderful! I have never taken soy; the reviews I have read are mixed and one of the side effects from it can be changes in your cycle- I have read women who have gotten longer cycles and some who have gotten shorter.

I know it's not a lot of help and I will add this; I read a lot about women saying they try soy because it is all natural and I too try to avoid as many meds as I can, but natural does not always mean safer- hemlock is all natural, lol.

What I mean to say is, read the studies and watch who is publishing them. You want to see a wide range of women included and hopefully the the trials are done on a double-blind basis. I wish you nothing but the best of luck! I don't mean to be a downer, lol.

Welcome Nancy! I'm not much help, but I'm sure some of the other ladies will be able to give advice :thumbup:

Take care! Sending you lots of :dust:

Maybe it is O spotting...If it only lasts a couple of days.
https://www.justmommies.com/articles/ovulation-spotting.shtml
Did you test again today?
Keep BDing...just in case!
GL!

:flower:Sorry I'm no help either but I have also read very mixed reviews , re messing up cycles and causing confusion , but saying that have read great results ? Hang in there and let us know what happens :flower:

Thanks for the responses. I basically ended up having that spotting on 6/6, and it turned into more of a moderate period type thing 6/7 and 6/8. Today it is lighter again like it's going away.

I don't know. It was way too soon to have to do with implantation. It started on what I think was my ovulation day, but seemed too heavy/long lasting to be ovulation "spotting." but either it was just that (due to soy/estrogen), or my cycle got thrown completely out of whack and basically just started over again.

At this point I have no idea what to think and I guess only time will tell. Either I'm 3dpo right now, And that was midcycle/ovulation bleeding, or I'm back to cd4 and that was another period-

I will just have to wait and see if I get a pos preg test in the next week, week and a half, or else wait to see when my period starts again. Sigh.

Hi, hmmm someone else had a bad experience with soy supplement, macwooly I think?

We're just talking on another thread about how some of these "natural" supplements can actually be pretty strong and do unexpected things to our bodies/cycles, and they are not regulated in the same way that normal pharmaceuticals are.

Sorry that it's stuffed things up for you, I'm definitely adding soy to my list of things NOT to try.

I used soy for two cycles ( 150mg on CD3-7) and I have ALWAYS had a 30 day cycle with OV around day 14 or 15 but with soy it shortened my cycle by a full five or six days and I OV'd around CD10 or so..since my bleed lasted till CD6 there would be no way the lining would be thick enough to support a fert. follical..
Soy wasn't for me, but others have had success with it..

BTW..Welcome (((HUGS)))

So... I got a positive pregnancy test today at 11 dpo!! I am kind of scared. I had what was basically that second period (maybe estrogen due to soy?) which then diminished into spotting and then mostly went away but still (even today) I have a little brownish tinge on the toilet paper when I wipe, every time.

Today I took the home pregnancy test expecting a negative, and it was positive!!!!

I am only 3 weeks, 4 days and scared to death that there will be some problem or m/c due to the Soy, my age, the bleeding/spotting I've been having... Doctor won't see me til 7/15.... Please keep me in your thoughts!

So... I got a positive pregnancy test today at 11 dpo!! I am kind of scared. I had what was basically that second period (maybe estrogen due to soy?) which then diminished into spotting and then mostly went away but still (even today) I have a little brownish tinge on the toilet paper when I wipe, every time.

Today I took the home pregnancy test expecting a negative, and it was positive!!!!

I am only 3 weeks, 4 days and scared to death that there will be some problem or m/c due to the Soy, my age, the bleeding/spotting I've been having... Doctor won't see me til 7/15.... Please keep me in your thoughts!

:happydance:

Congratulations! on your bfp!!! :happydance: I'm wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!!! Thank you also for your feedback on the soy-it is truly appreciated!:hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->