Would really love to hear some success stories!

branham22

Reaction score
I went to the doctor this morning to discuss my cycles after coming off of the depo shot. I have been off depo for exactly 1 year now (I was on it from nov 2009 to nov 2010). I got my period period after coming off of it in may. That period lasted all month! I didn't have a period in june. And in july and august I had a normal period. It is now november and I haven't had a period since august.

Me and my husband have been TTC baby #2 since March and have never gotten our BFP.

I went to the doc this morning and she said she is going to run 4 or 5 tests and then refer me to an OBGYN.

So my question is, how long after your first doctors apointment did you get your BFP? I'm really needing some hope :( I'm getting discouraged

I dont have an answer for you, because I still have yet to receive my bfp.

But I was on depo for several years (worst 3 years of my FREAKING LIFE) and I have an inkling that it contributed to my infertility. There are some women on here who use depo, and then it took them like 22-24 months to become pregnant.

I am in no way saying that is what is going to happen to you, because I have seen women also come right off depo, or even be ON depo, and become pregnant.

It is so hard to say because we are all different.

Anyway, I didnt really help you out any. Hell, I probably just scared you more. Sorry about that, it probably wont take you that long to conceive. Just be aware that the depo seriously fucks people up (like me) and it could take a while to conceive. Just NEVER go back on that stuff!!!!!!! I wish someone would have told us it was like injecting poison into our bodies!

Much good luck hun. At least you are going to the dr and getting answers. I LOVE getting answers, because you are one step closer to that bfp. I also think for the women that it took several months for them to get pregnant, is because they didnt seek medical help. If your dr is referring you to an OBGYN that is a GREAT thing. They can give you provera to start your period and clomid to make you ovulate, at least that is what they did for me.

GOOD LUCK HONEY! sorry I wasnt of better help. Just didnt wanna read and run. :flower:

Oh I know! The depo is awful! I wish I never would of taken it. With my first son I got pregnant the first month I tried. I've been trying for baby #2 since march. 8 1/2 months now.
I wish I had some more answers. Thanks for responding! I wish others would as well.

Good luck and baby dust!

I was on Depo for 2 years and it messed with me. I gained nearly 50lbs on it. I didn't have a period for those 2 years either. I went off it after the weight gain because when I tried to lose it, it wouldn't come off. I ended up going on the patch (which is not any better really)

To make a long story short, Birth Control pills/patches/shots just were not made for my body. Now I can't go on them at all because I end up getting really bad migraines from the extra hormones. I came off Depo in 2004. went on the patch and was on the patch until 2007 (when migraines started). Got married May 2008, started trying July 2008 and got pregnant November 2008. I just wanted to let you know that artificial hormones can take some time to get out of your system but they do eventually leave and hopefully, your cycles will return to normal and so will your fertility. Definitely talk to your doctor about all your concerns... that's what they're for. (BTW... I still haven't lost that extra 50lbs :nope:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->