Would the obstetrician give me a sweep?

Cherry_bump

Mum and TTC
Reaction score
I'm 40+1, been having prelabour for weeks although last night was getting even more painful and regular contractions, was really thinking it was the start. I'm seeing my obstetrician this afternoon to talk about a maybe induction as my baby is on the smaller side and now that I'm 40 weeks the baby won't get so much goodness from the placenta as he has been. Do you think it's ok to ask him for a sweep? I feel so awkward asking for one just incase they don't want to do one, do obstetricians perform sweeps?

Yeah go ahead and ask. Yes they do of course lol. Just ask for it s an option to help speed things. You're over your due date now, they might even suggest one. Good luck hun xxx

Deffo ask, especially if you're there to speak about induction. I had a sweep with my second daughter and it was given by an obstetrician. I went into labour the same night and they had wanted to induce me the day after. Good luck! xx

Thank you ladies :) I'll ask him to do one then :) really hope it works x x

Good luck,My obs did one,If you get one then make sure you do plenty of walking too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->