would this bother you?

blue_kat

Reaction score
Just something that bothers me -

Everytime I go to see my OH's family, my OH gets all proud and makes me stand up to show off my bump....they keep saying the same thing:

'oh your not that big are you?' or 'what a neat bump' or words to that effect!

Firstly its not that small - I am not waddling or anything but its exactly on target according to the midwifes measurments.....but it makes me feel really annoyed not that i would say anything..

Pre-preg I was about a size 12 after putting on weight a few months before my bfp....and now I have put on a bit more weight but I am by no means fat (I dont think :cry:) - but now I wonder how fat I must have looked pre-preg if they cant see the bump!!!!!

Aww Kat, some people just don't realise how things come across :hugs:

Try not to worry about it :hugs:

A woman in work said to me yesterday that she only found out a couple of weeks ago i am pregnant and just thought i had put on weight...i was like oh thanks.....:dohh:

xxx

oh hun, I would love to have my bump (or person) described as 'neat' - to me it would be a real compliment as I just feel huge and wheeble like.

Awww, hun, don't take it to heart....in all honesty, people are kind of damned if they do and damned if they don't in this situation - if they say your bump looks compact/small/neat we get a bit offended if they say we look big/heavy/round we get a bit offended :haha:

My bump is all out front and exactly on track size-wise and I find alot of people telling me its compact or neat - I think its more to do with the fact that I haven't really put on any obvious weight round the sides and back and its all frontal!

Reeeeelax :) xxxx

I know that really! I just started over-thinking it lol...doesnt help when you see perfect skinny women walking about with perfect bumps!

Maybe I should take another photo for my family - they always say the best things as they dont see me often!

Yeah I wouldn't worry either, as long as the MW says you are measuring right. I'm not convinced I look pregnant either but my "bump" has grown and measures right every week so I don't give a poop what people think anymore!
At the beginning people in work were scaring me because I hadnt put on any weight (only put on 2lb now) and my belly wasn't growing they'd say things like "oh but is she growing right? she cant be growing bigger if your belly isnt".... well my scans show differently! I think sometimes people like to think they know better..

I had exactly the same when pregnant! And my LO was a healthy 8lb 3oz! I even had the comment "gosh aren't you tiny, are you sure it's developing normally?" I mean honestly, I think we should be able to punch people sometimes!!!!!! For the record I was not tiny, my husband agreed for me I was HUGE!!!!! people just didn't seem to have noticed I had a flat tummy to start with and am 5'7'' which means I had a long bump, not an outie bump!!!

ignore them and if you can't at least imagine punching them whilst politely smiling!!!! It worked for me!

I must mention the other part I didnt say before -

not only am I 'small'....but it is based on comparisions against one of their friends and a family member who are both pregnant too ( neither of which I have met )

Happened the same with symptoms too - I just hate being compared I think!

everyone says im small too and they cant believe i am due in 3 weeks etc , i even got asked last week by a waitress if my baby was ok as i was so small !

i dont feel small , im knackered breathless etc and ive put on plenty of weight , i am measuring fine on my chart and yes im not as big as i was with my previous 2 kids but i dont think im that small.

when i do the school run its all i get everyday oh arent you small , doesnt help there are 2 other pregnant moms who are both huge.

i can still do my coat up so i think thats half the reason they havent noticed but yes its annoying.

saying that when i had ds2 all i got was are you sure there is only 1 in there and you look like you are ready to drop blah blah ..people just like to pass comment i think you honestly cant win.

i do find it cute your OH is proud of your bump though and wants to show it off :)

people seemed to have oved on to telling me , oh not long now eh ... that pisses me off even more as its dragging like hell lol !

My DH mum always says the same to me as well. Even though it's pretty obvious. My mum is always commenting on how she thinks i've grown a bit etc.

Just ignore them. People are idiots sometimes!

I understand how you feel, im always getting told im small but I feel big now. Ive learnt now to take it as a compliment now and I wont have as much weight to lose.

I do feel like saying I didnt know there was one correct size a bump should be and also FxxK OFF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->