Would this work for a baby girl, or is it unsafe?

citymouse

mommy to a mouselet
Reaction score
I'm having a girl in March and have already started buying little bits of clothes. I must admit that I've already bought one outfit that is a boy's outfit, but it was so cute (and relevant to my family's life) that I couldn't resist.

So I've been thinking that I could make a little elastic-waist skirt to go over it so people still know she's a girl? Or is that unsafe, because the skirt could scootch up above her arms and possibly go around her neck?

All the "onesie skirt" tutorials I've found have involved sewing the skirt onto the outfit itself. But I think it would be cute to have a few that are interchangeable and could go from outfit to outfit... maybe if I put a snap on the sides and it could snap onto the side of the onesie?

Advice and opinions, please! In truth I am desperate to make my baby a zebra print skirt. :rofl:

i have a 'scrunchie' skirt that I bought for my LO from a shop, just keep an eye on her OR safety pin it too the bottom of the pants/onesie :thumbup:

i would use it just wouldnt let her nap in it (if shes not being watched) or sleep in it. :)

Why don't you make/buy a diaper cover to go with it, and sew it on around the top? Then it couldn't go up, and she could have a cute little frilly diaper cover under her zebra print skirt :)

Thanks, ladies! MommyMika, that's a really cute idea for a little skirt to girl with a tee-shirt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->