would u be offended?

lov3hat3

Mummy to lil J, Preggo #2
Reaction score
FOB said his hobbies and his social life are more important then our son, he didnt think he was his, he didnt want him and hasnt done anything for him yet. I LOVE my son to bits already and would do ANYTHING for him. FOB asked me to give him full custody because im not going to be able to cope. PAHA and that even if i didnt agree to full, i cant do anything about him having him atleast half a week. Now i would never stop him from seeing his son, but i think thats just too much and i dont even want him to have him over night untill hes a few months old and a little less dependent on us. I dont mind during the day. Am i being unreasonable? he thinks im being completly unfair. I think it was unfair of him to try and guilt me into giving him full custody. Im just so anrgy :growlmad:

FOB said his hobbies and his social life are more important then our son, he didnt think he was his, he didnt want him and hasnt done anything for him yet. I LOVE my son to bits already and would do ANYTHING for him. FOB asked me to give him full custody because im not going to be able to cope. PAHA and that even if i didnt agree to full, i cant do anything about him having him atleast half a week. Now i would never stop him from seeing his son, but i think thats just too much and i dont even want him to have him over night untill hes a few months old and a little less dependent on us. I dont mind during the day. Am i being unreasonable? he thinks im being completly unfair. I think it was unfair of him to try and guilt me into giving him full custody. Im just so anrgy :growlmad:

I am sorry you're going through this :hugs: I'm a little confused though. If the FOB said his hobbies were more important then why is he trying to get custody?? I would agree that it is too much. I feel that maybe he's being a little immature and not thinking rationally about it. I don't think you're being unreasonable at all.

Hun he's far too immature to be able to cope looking after his child if he's not even taken an interest. He's obviously going to have your child then probably make his mum look after him or something.
You're not unreasonable.
Wait until Kenzie is born and then if FOB makes the effort to come see him once you get home then discuss visits. May be get him to go to yours and learn how to look after his child before he says he wants Kenzie overnight etc. You may find he doesnt think he can cope with waking up several times and looking after him.
:hugs:

I agree with the other ladies :) also if you're planning on BF a court won't allow him to keep him overnight until you stop x

Aw hun! He sounds like a total tool. I'm guessing by him wanting custody you aren't married to him? Well, if that's the case he can't get any custody because you aren't married. Mother always has rights for her children.
I hope it all sorts itself out!

What a dick!!!

If he wanted to occupy himself with his hobbies and his social life then he should have pur summat on the end of it!!!

He sounds like a total plonker...... why does he want custody if his life is so much more important :dohh:

Hope you get all this sorted.

:hugs:

V xxx

I know how you feel... been in a similar situation which may end up getting taken to court lol.
If he says anything claiming that the baby isnt his via text or online or whatever then save it. Dont delete! Things like that can be used against him.
Tell him that court is quite extreme and remind him that it will cost both of you money! He might like having to pay court fees so might not bother in the end, and it could end up been an empty threat.
Instead, have a meeting and arrange a scheduele of who will have baby and when. Be civil and things might just go your way.
By the sounds of it hes threatening to try and get full custody just to piss you off.
Hope yous sort everything out hun x

Hes just emailed me saying hes going to stop contacting me altogether and trying to make me feel guilty about it all, i wont fall for that crap this time though! Just found out hes been harrasing my friend, and saying hes going to take me to court. Hes a complete wanker lol. He also asked her if i didnt wanna be with him then why didnt i get an abortion, yet another way to make it all about him! Ive told him id never stop him from seeing Kenzie just to make it clear, and just incase it does go to court which i doubt it will because he wouldnt want to shed out all that money lol. Hopefully now he will stop emailling me and just leave me alone till LOs here :) Thankyouu for answering :flower:

I hope it all works out for you. You sound really responsible and you'll work through this. the FOB will regret this when he realises how much of a prat he's being. However, I wouldn't doubt that would take a few years. In my experience, guys are never very good at putting themselves in other people's shoes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->