Would you be offended?

A

asacia

My friend has mentioned a few times that her baby is gaining weight a little slowly and she wishes she could get her to take a bottle to improve her weight gain.

I have some information on increasing weight gain in breastfed babies, and wondered if I should print it out and give it to her?

I don't want to risk offending her, because I don't know her that well, but I'd love to help if I could.

The HVs at our clinic aren't that great with breastfeeding information so I don't think they'll have mentioned some of the things I've looked in to.

I'd hate to make her feel inadequate, or like I don't think she is doing a good job.

What do you guys think?

I wouldn't be offended, I would think you were being a good friend! I would give it to her and just approach it cautiously. But I think it's a great idea!

That would be lovely of you. Just say "you know what we were talking about the other day....well I found this information and thought you may like to have a look through it:thumbup:"

What a lovely friend:hugs:

I think what Hevz has suggested is a great idea, looks like you happened upon it and thought of her. Along the same lines, if you have a link to the info, any chance you'd let me have it?! :blush: Aisling's still gaining very slowly so wouldn't mind giving something a go! :D

Have to admit i'd be delighted if it was me! Any help from a fellow mum would've been hugely appreciated when i was going through my times of self doubt-esp a fellow mum from the same generation! My mum was there with support but its a while since she went through it and things have changed. So, go for it x

I wouldn't be offended at all , infact I would greatly appreciate it personally .

Nope i think thats a nice thought, I would not be offended at all :D

I think what Hevz has suggested is a great idea, looks like you happened upon it and thought of her. Along the same lines, if you have a link to the info, any chance you'd let me have it?! :blush: Aisling's still gaining very slowly so wouldn't mind giving something a go! :D

The best list I've found is:
https://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/growth/weight-gain_increase.html

I'll try and post the others later, when I don't have a baby helping by banging on the keyboard!!

Thanks hon, I had baby helping me eat brekkie this morning by shoving her hand into it constantly! :D

I had a friend who had a lot of problems, but she was going to a clinic every day and I assumed she was getting expert help so kept my nose out. I wish I helped her! They hadn't even told her there were nipple creams? They didn't check for tongue tie either, and seriously, I have never seen a baby as bad at sucking as hers. Even a bottle took ages. I wish I had helped her more, and so does she :dohh:

I wouldnt be offended at all, I would consider you a good friend! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->