Would you be upset?

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
I had a great pregnancy and doctor experience up until the last few weeks... Wel this isn't really a complaint about my doctor exactly as she is great, its more the whole system of how things have been working out.

My pregnancy was perfect, textbook, until about 28weeks.

28ws I got my first diabetes test (1 hour test) which came back with abnormal results. Now, this test never made it to my doct until a month later! So I never got the referal to the 2 hour fasting test until 32weeks.

In the mean time I had a spike in BP at my 30w appointment and ended up going to the hospital one night at 32w during work because of bh/contractions. I was monitored for the evening until the slowed and sent home. My BP was still high, and I was told to stop working because our hospital is too busy.

All along, any test i've had has taken ages to get back to my doctor, so I never know the results right away, I still haven't been told the results of my fasting glucose test.

At my last appointment at 36w I was only measuring a fundal height of 30cm, so my doctor sent me for a growth scan, the tech measured everything and the baby seems healthy etc, but I only have a fluid level of about 7-8, which is quite low.

But of course, I am sitting here waiting untl my 37w appointment for my doctor to read the results and tell me what is going to happen.

And now the last couple days my ankles have started swelling (which is common, but with all the other stuff, im not sure). My urine test have always shown abnormalities with sugar levels etc too.

Am I just being neurotic about this or what? What would you do/say?

You could try phoning your doctor and telling her your concerns before your next appointment.

I'm sure you will be fine, but as you are worried you should seek some reassurance.

Good luck
xx

I would definatley be saying something. If they arent volunteering the information then keep on at them until they do. Yes professionals are busy, but they have a job to do and a certain quality of service to provide. Id call and speak to your Doctor and make it clear you are not happy and want some answers!

I had a great pregnancy and doctor experience up until the last few weeks... Wel this isn't really a complaint about my doctor exactly as she is great, its more the whole system of how things have been working out.

My pregnancy was perfect, textbook, until about 28weeks.

28ws I got my first diabetes test (1 hour test) which came back with abnormal results. Now, this test never made it to my doct until a month later! So I never got the referal to the 2 hour fasting test until 32weeks.

In the mean time I had a spike in BP at my 30w appointment and ended up going to the hospital one night at 32w during work because of bh/contractions. I was monitored for the evening until the slowed and sent home. My BP was still high, and I was told to stop working because our hospital is too busy.

All along, any test i've had has taken ages to get back to my doctor, so I never know the results right away, I still haven't been told the results of my fasting glucose test.

At my last appointment at 36w I was only measuring a fundal height of 30cm, so my doctor sent me for a growth scan, the tech measured everything and the baby seems healthy etc, but I only have a fluid level of about 7-8, which is quite low.

But of course, I am sitting here waiting untl my 37w appointment for my doctor to read the results and tell me what is going to happen.

And now the last couple days my ankles have started swelling (which is common, but with all the other stuff, im not sure). My urine test have always shown abnormalities with sugar levels etc too.

Am I just being neurotic about this or what? What would you do/say?

They do the same thing here, won't release results over the phone...they wait until your next appointment. You can call in and tell them you're worried and haven't gotten any of your test results back and you're wondering if everything was okay? If they didn't call and tell you to book a new appointment, I guess it means they were fine? Or that is how I would understand it.

The places that do my tests are the ones who take so long to send the results though. My doctor isn't the one who is taking the tests. I have had to go to about 5 different offices and things to have them done. Which is why they didn't have my other glucose test back.

The first glucose test had abnormal results and it still took a month for them to get it (at 28ws). So I dont have much faith in getting notified any quicker about results with concerns.

So whenever im getting tested for all of these things we arn't getting the results and nothing is really organized :(

Now ive got edema in my ankles and low amniotic fluid, what the heck am I suppose to sit here thinking :(

At least I have an appointment tomorow, I really do hope I get some answers this time.

If you've got low fluids you need to start drinking more water. Not many people realise that you can increase the amount of amniotic fluid simply by drinking more. I'd def be having words with your doc about the time it's taking to get your results back.

Thanks hun!

I do drink alot and they were still low :( My pee has been very light yellow/clear for a long time now and I pee constantly, even at night I go like every hour. My dads side of the family has a history of diabetes, which is kind of why im really pissed about the results, as diabetes can cause low fluids too.

I think it sucks more since I work in the hospital and I know too much and have too many people there to talk to about all these problems.

The tech at the scan last week made such a big deal about the babies size and stuff and then told me to just watch for signs of fetal distress... Like what do I know??? Ive never been pregnant before! My LO has always had sporadic movements...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->