Would you be worried?

wouldluvabub

Mumma of 2!
Reaction score
Would you be worried if your AF normally went for 6-7 days but randomly went for only 3 days? I came off the pill recently, this is my 3rd cycle and I'm on CD3. Normally I have quite heavy AF that lasts for 6 or 7 days but this is almost gone now after only 3 days.. What could it mean? Should I worry? Do I need to talk to my doctor?

Its probably settling now you are off cp. When i was on cp it was super heavy bit it changed when i came off. Only worry if you went super light and it started to go random as that would be a hormones imbalance but if its not erratic its ok. Think its to do with while you are on cp your not having a proper af as you dont produce eggs

I definitely wouldn't worry, given you have just recently stopped contraception. I would think it's something that will get back to normal once your body as got back in sync.

I am actually going through the exact same thing. I have been on bc for 10 years and was on it continuously (no sugar pills) for the last two. When I came off in January it took 83 days for me to get a period, and it was crazy. Like waterfall type crazy for a couple days. Then my next one came about 29 days later and was super heavy again for the first day and then medium to light the second day, and then just some spotting at the end. I am a little anxious about it to, but every doctor I see always seems not concerned at all and thinks its totally normal to have weird cycles to even up to a year after birth control. But I totally understand your worry! I guess all you can do is wait a few more cycles and see if this is your new "normal" or if its still trying to settle itself out. If it continues I would go see a doctor. Although, I've also read a few articles that said as long as you're bleeding for 2 days, it is considered "normal" even if it used to be different for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->