Would you buy maternity wear whilst it's on sale??

Gemma_xX

TTC#3
Reaction score
Hey Ladies :flower:
I'm currently only 5+3 but always show early, I bloated right away with my daughter and even though I had awful sickness & lost weight, the bloat never went down and by 11 weeks I was beyond uncomfortable and had to start wearing maternity clothes, which cost a fortune!!

I've just been browsing the sales as already I can only fit in one pair of jeans, which are getting uncomphy as they are high waist and noticed all the maternity wear on sale.

So my question is, would you buy maternity wear at a bargain price in the sales early on or wait and possibly pay double??

Thank you x

I brought lots at the beginning of my pregnancy that were on sale. Maternity clothes full price are really expensive. I started wearing mine straight away, as I too have been suffering from bloating. Id definately recommend treating yourself to some maternity clothes already if they are cheap. They are so much more comfortable than trying to squeeze in prepregnancy clothes. Even better if they are on sale! x

I have already bought some and am wearing it have been since I was about 5 weeks as I just got to uncomfortable in normal clothes. My view on it was that I always planned to have another child and if god forbid anything went wrong with this pregnancy then I would need it again at some point

Thank you so much! I'm glad others get uncomphy this early on too! It's horrid wearing them all day too. Think I might go buy some :winkwink:

Last time i did by about 8 weeks this time waited til last week as money is really tight atm, got some mega bargains at next though loads of maternity stuff was less than half price but it didn't show up til it was in the basket

ASOS has some good maternity sales at the moment. Have grabbed a load from them should arrive today. I always buy way in advance saves so much money- summer stuff in winter, winter stuff in summer, clothes for my DS even for 2 years' time!!!!

ASOS has some good maternity sales at the moment. Have grabbed a load from them should arrive today. I always buy way in advance saves so much money- summer stuff in winter, winter stuff in summer, clothes for my DS even for 2 years' time!!!!

I did this with my son, boxing day sales for next winters clothes, saves so much especially with expensive big coats!

I'm thinking about heading to a few consignment sales here within the next few weeks. I'm pretty bloated and am just getting uncomfortable in my regular clothes. I think if you want to go pick up some maternity clothes, do it!

I bought some from target online on clearance bought 3 tops and a maxi skirt for $30 :)

I have a lot of mine from last time but didn't want to wear it incase my family recognized it. But I did get some maternity yoga pants because mine were too tight. Got them like a month ago. I say if it's on sale grab a bargin.

I'm thinking about heading to a few consignment sales here within the next few weeks. I'm pretty bloated and am just getting uncomfortable in my regular clothes. I think if you want to go pick up some maternity clothes, do it!

:Wave from OR here too!:

I did the same, bought some from a consignment sale recently. I know we will have fancy parties in the Christmas season, and I am NOT paying full price for a fancy maternity dress :dohh:

I ended up getting a pair of over the bump jeans (find under the bump uncomfortable) and a few tops :) I chose to collect in store and I am desperately hoping they are there by Thursday as we have a concert on the evening and at this rate I'll be turning up with my buttons open, holding a cardi closed!! :blush: I'm continuing to look around, especially for linen trousers!

Also, for mums on their 2+ pregnancy, did you find your feet were really achey?? With my daughter I lived in UGGS as my feet were hella achey & slightly bigger :wacko: unfortunately, my husband got gloss on the front of my UGGS so I'm also on the hunt for comfortable footwear!

buy it early!!! Go for it! Maternity wear can be SO expensive!! I'm already looking at getting some new maternity stuff...and I'm JUST 5 weeks lol!! I bloat out right away as well...and this is my 3rd baby...so I have a feeling I will need clothes soon!!!

buy it early!!! Go for it! Maternity wear can be SO expensive!! I'm already looking at getting some new maternity stuff...and I'm JUST 5 weeks lol!! I bloat out right away as well...and this is my 3rd baby...so I have a feeling I will need clothes soon!!!

It's crazy expensive!! Unfortunately I seem to of caught the tail end of the sales so there wasn't too much in the way of jeans or trousers etc.. I'm just Googling now as I have pretty much no idea where sells maternity wear :blush:

yes. but I'm a bigger lady so clothes with more belly room are easily adjusted for normal clothes.

also I don't wear trousers, only dresses and tunics so again, easier to just adopt into non maternity wear! j

https://www.next.co.uk/clearance/?r...nswear&group=maternitycollection&size=&price=

Have you looked at asda

https://direct.asda.com/george/womens/maternity-clothes/D1M1G20C19,default,sc.html

Quite a lot of cheap stuff and looks nice too

or new look

https://www.newlook.com/shop/maternity/view-all-maternity_1920039

I just got back from shopping.. bought some jeans in my size.. and they just dont fit right. Uncomfortable..and of course i was in a hurry and didnt try them on! I'm super super bloated :sad2: SO i'm really thinking about buying some maternity clothes.. which sounds crazy! I also don't wanna buy anything really until i know everything is ok though. So i'm torn. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->