Would you call NHS Direct? Or am I being OTT?

Lawhra

NowProudMumOfTwo!!
Reaction score
This is about my 9 year old, not baby but you're all parents so I hope you don't mind me asking...

Louis is round his dad's tonight and his dad and just called me saying Louis had a 'Funny turn'. They went to a friend's house and Lou was playing games on a big tv close up. He stopped playing saying he felt sick and couldn't see. His dad took him to the bathroom where he still complained he couldn't see and vomited twice. His dad says he was close to having a seizure!! He never has in his life.
He had cuddles with his dad and is apparently fine now.

I told him to phone NHS Direct, I would have but I am not with him now and wasn't there when it happened so wouldn't be able to answer the questions accurately.
He agreed to phone them and said he'd let me know what they say. He didn't think to call them, am I being paranoid? My natural reaction says that's not right and a medical opinion is needed?

sounds a bit like a migraine cuz sometimes vision can be blurred and have a funny turn, and some people are alright after being sick and feel better with themselves. but i'd still phone NHS direct and see what they say.
or take him to the doctors tomorrow and get your doctors opinion.

I would have phoned, they're there for this very reason for advice etc. :) hope he's ok now. X

Thank you ladies.

I thought a migraine was accompanied by a headache? Although it probably is something as simple as that I think better to be safe than sorry.

I'm still waiting hear what they say.

Definitely! We used NHS Direct last week when my baby's coughed worsened. They rang us back and arranged for us to go to our nearest outpatients at 9pm. It's a brilliant service and you shouldn't hesitate to call them for advice. X

I don't think ur over reacting hun,I'd call them.hope he's alright xx

Thank you both. His dad called me back, NHS Direct aren't concerned and he is fine now. Turns out he did have a headache too so maybe it was a migraine. I'm glad he's ok :D

NHS Direct is fantastic for peace of mind.

Personally I'd never trust NHS Direct.

Call to them 'I'm 35 weeks pregnant with a really high temperature'

During the call I was asked 'Do you have a swollen adnomen?' and I was advised ”take 2 parocetomal and if you start convulcing phone us back".

I'd phone your GP in the morning.

I'd just get him in at the docs and maybe get his eyes checked this week.
Hope he feels better x

Sounds like a migraine to me too, I had them since I was really young. They are always triggered by eye strain with me and I too would vomit. Although when I had them it was near impossible to keep me awake after being sick, they made me instantly tired and would sleep for hours after each one.

Hope he's feeling better now! X

The nhs are brilliant! They've been amazing when I've ever called them up! We're so lucky to have free healthcare!!

Glad it was just a migraine - maybe if he was sitting close to the tv advise him to sit further back and to not play for too long to prevent it happening again. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->