would you call your child by his/her middle name??

letia659

mom to Jacob and Zander!
Reaction score
as the heading is would you call your child by his or her middle name? we have chosen Zander Lucas but DH is stuck on calling him Lucas and to be fair that is what we have been calling him since we found out he was a boy! as we had not picked the name Zander at that point! but I put it first thinking I could get him to give in but in the end I have gave in so our LO is going to be called Lucas! but I personally know what its like to use your middle name and it is so confusing as I had to correct my teacher at the first of the year every year of school, I have to give my first name on so many things that I honestly wish my middle name was my first name! so I am not sure I want to do that to my child. but I dont like it the other way round as Lucas Zander ?? I just dont think it sounds as good. so the question I guess is should I drop the Zander and use something else or keep it as it is and let him have to deal with being called by his middle name?? what would you do? my family already know the name we have picked so I feel it would be wrong to change it so I just dont know :hissy:

OH brother is called by his middle name nobody calls him by his first. So instead of James matthew he's just matt to everyone,

Sometimes I call megan rose and we decided if wehave a boy he will be called by his middle name so instead of it being Connor Alexander he will be called alec.

I love that name you have chosen Hun!

My husband goes by his middle name and I see nothing wrong with it. I would NOT call MY boys by their middle names though, I love their first names much too much! :D

Thats a lovely name, I don't see anything wrong with calling him by his middle name :D

My friends LO's name is William James Watson, because she wanted William in his name because of both her and her OF's Dads but wanted her son to be known as James. She didn't like having the 2 W's one after another :) xx

My dads mom decided that he she didnt like his first name after she named him so started calling him by his middle name no one even knows this. I think it would be fine hunny

I think it's fine too. The only place it will be confusing is in school, when they do role-call from the class lists. When he's grown up, there will be no problem with it, and as Parkep said, nobody will even know the difference.

One of my mom's friends goes by her middle name, Jade, because she hates her first name, Natalie. She was a teacher in the school and I accidentally told someone the story (I really didn't think she would care!) and EVERYONE started calling her Miss Natalie... :blush: whoops!

i think using their middle name is fine. i am actually called by my middel name and always have been. but my ds i call by his first name and will this bump too.

Hannah is Hannah (or Hannah Michelle if she's getting into things :lol:) I chose her first name because I liked it and wanted it to be used. I don't see anything wrong with using the middle name if that's what you want--but for me I wanted her first name to be what people call her

Excellent choice of name :happydance:

I know a few people that get called by their middle name, usually because they don't like their first name though.

sorry to go against the most but no, its a middle name for that reason. if you want to call baby it then i think it should be 1st name. sorry

Excellent choice of name :happydance:

I know a few people that get called by their middle name, usually because they don't like their first name though.

thanks and James was one of our top choices going with Lucas but DH has family (small children)with it in their name as it was his grandpas name and he finally decided against. I really liked it too.

sorry to go against the most but no, its a middle name for that reason. if you want to call baby it then i think it should be 1st name. sorry

no I really like honesty on this as it is what my son will have to live with for his entire life so I want all opinions. I asked my mom why in the world she called me by my middle name and she really has no idea so that didnt help. but I have noticed that a lot of people are called by their middle name and that is supprising to me. as my mom told me once I should just go get my name changed around and I seriously considered it but then decided not to as that is what she chose for me at birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->