• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Would you carry LO in a sling when it's snowy outside?

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
I need to take the dogs for a walk this afternoon and would usually take Aisling in a sling but wondering if it's sensible in this weather? We just have a light dusting but obviously afraid of falling with her! The pushchair is a nightmare around the park though so I'd like to avoid it if I can.

What do you think?

OH wore Ruby yesterday and on Friday and we have a lot of snow. He was fine. Obviously wear the most sensible shoes you have!

I daren't. But that's largely because I have a bad knee right now and I'm scared of falling in the house never mind anywhere else. Fortunately it's raining here in London so I might go out in a bit with him in the sling. Not scared of the rain. ;)

Well me and OH have still been wearing LO. I do worry abt falling over but i think its good to babywear in this weather because its nice and cosy being all wrapped up close to ur body...i worry that Kian will get cold in his pushchair so i opt for sling over chair! i'd just say go careful and don't rush anywhere!

Cool 3 yeses are good enough for me! I was worried other dog walkers would think I was being irresponsible for some reason! :dohh:

Yeh hun, it should be fine :) Obviously just be careful of the dogs running off when you're holding the lead!! :) xx

Personally I would say no. Purely because I had this dilemma yesterday- when i was thinking about walking to the shop with the LO in the sling, and then I found out that the woman next door had slipped over walking the dogs and broke her arm in two places. That is enough to put me off.

But there is a fair amount of ice and snow here (reading), so I don't know how bad it is where u are, x

we went out with LO in the Babybjorn this morning. Some people gave us some strange looks, but pushing the pushchair would be impossible. I was worrying about the same thing, but OH said if I slip I should aim falling on my butt :lol: Everything was fine though... I was wearing my hiking boots and was stepping extra carefully. LO slept though the whole trip.

Like the above poster said, if you do slip, you'll most likely fall on your bum anyway, so maybe carry Aisling on your front just in case x

Carried her on my front, all went well :thumbup: Ended up walking someone else retriever as well though because he couldn't get him to come back, hate it when people can't control their dogs - so there's me with a baby in a sling walking a collie, labrador AND retriever! :grr:

I did it on Saturday but slipped twice and had to grab OH but our paths are like ice rinks. He took Theakston out today in the pram to be on the safe side. I'm so clumsy I wouldn't do it on my own but I'm not bothered about snow, just ice. Glad it went well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"