Would you consider it now 'safe' ... ?

Yellow IVF Rainbow Baby
Reaction score
After a perfect scan at 10weeks 6days ... ?

Would you consider it safe enough to spill the beans and buy stuff ... ?

:kiss:

hey girl again.. i would say your are safe!! my doc told me i have only a 1% chance of something going wrong!! And the over all risk goes down to 2-3 % after HB is detected... thats just my docs opinion so dont hold me to that :) way to go though for keeping it a secret, my fam new right when i saw them.. haha i denied a glass of wine, witch i never do!

Yes! I considered myself safe at my 11wk scan and have bought baby something too...just a pair of booties, its a start I guess...

Go buy something, celebrate this little life inside of you!

:hugs:

Hi hun I had my scan at 10+6 and had already announced and bought things BEFORE that. It's up to you when you feel comfortable x

It's totally a personal comfort thing. I won't feel "safe" until after I feel the baby move...because then I can have reassurance every day that things are okay.

I announced on fb today after scan at 11w+1, I feel assured enough that 6 days wouldn't make that much difference, xx

Thanks ladies! :flower:

Just a bit worried after a mmc in June but I was only 7weeks then (big difference!) so maybe I should just RELAX :icecream:

Thanks ladies! :flower:

Just a bit worried after a mmc in June but I was only 7weeks then (big difference!) so maybe I should just RELAX :icecream:

The chance of a MC is low at this point and even lower is a risk of MMC, but only announce when you feel comfortable because it might make you worry after wards, maybe wait until your 12 weeks and get a doppler to feel reassured? xxx

We did actually buy a doppler, well what we thought was a doppler (I say we Oh bought it) a Summers one?

But it's crap, and I've only ever heard people say bad things about it.

I would of gone for an Angel doppler, and half wondering whether to still get one now we've gone and got this Summer one (we can't return it cos we opened it all up lol)

:kiss:

I know some ladies say you are never safe and I understand we all still worry some,but I think after you see the HB your mc rate is very low.I am going to wait until after the gender scan to but anything just because I haven't seen alot of neutral things and I am afraid I will run out of things to buy and the last few months will drag by with everything done.lol I say tell everyone when you feel comfortable if that is 4weeks or 20 weeks so be it!Congrats!!

I was wondering the same thing! I had a scan at what I thought was 9 weeks but they put me at 10 weeks, and all was fine! I have told a few more people but was waiting till my 12 week one before going completely public! It's next week so not too long to wait. :happydance:

I will be. My 12 week scan will prob be when I am 10 weeks based on my LMP so we're intending on telling everyone after the scan (when the bloody NHS pull their finger out)x

I would start telling ppl if I was in your boat. Me & DH have said we will tell ppl after our 12 week scan, but our scan could actually be anytime from 11weeks so if it is we will still tell ppl after that x

My hubby announced on facebook after a scan when I was 9 weeks. We had scans at 5, 7 and 9 weeks which showed perfect growth and a lovey heartbeat so were told our chance of miscarriage are now less than 1% :) xx

I would start telling ppl if I was in your boat. Me & DH have said we will tell ppl after our 12 week scan, but our scan could actually be anytime from 11weeks so if it is we will still tell ppl after that x

That's exactly what I was thinking about, some people will have theirs at 11 weeks and that's the only one they have til 20 weeks ...

I'm still debating, thining it's only a week (pretty much) til the next one :flower:

That's exactly what I was thinking about, some people will have theirs at 11 weeks and that's the only one they have til 20 weeks ...

I'm still debating, thining it's only a week (pretty much) til the next one :flower:

I wont have another scan until i'm 20 weeks (bloody NHS!!) either so that's anther reason why we announced. xx

Of course the risk of miscarriage is much less, but you can lose a baby any time in pregnancy, there is no such thing as a 'safe' time. Of course, you should get excited and let people know and enjoy being pregnant, but really annoys me that some people are so naive that they think after 12 weeks everything will be fine.

i am the same, i have my scan at 10 1/2 weeks and will not get another till 20 weeks, so will not know any different, we will tell after the scan, but i won't be announcing on facebook or anything, but thats just my preference.

Of course the risk of miscarriage is much less, but you can lose a baby any time in pregnancy, there is no such thing as a 'safe' time. Of course, you should get excited and let people know and enjoy being pregnant, but really annoys me that some people are so naive that they think after 12 weeks everything will be fine.

I am not so naive that I think once I hit 12 weeks everything will be fine, hence why I put the word safe in hypons (sp).
My mum and my auntie have both lost after 12 weeks - 16w and 6months so I am certainly aware it can happen.

After a mmc at only 7 weeks I feel that getting to this point is a big step towards actually getting a healthy baby, the nurses in my IVF clinic have told me to stop worrying as I have hit some good milestones.

Im not going to spend the rest of my pregnancy worrying about miscarriage when that is all I have done so far, it has done me and my OH no favours :flower:

i am the same, i have my scan at 10 1/2 weeks and will not get another till 20 weeks, so will not know any different, we will tell after the scan, but i won't be announcing on facebook or anything, but thats just my preference.

I'm in two minds about facebook, but I probably will eventually ...
I know everyone on my fb, no srtangers or weirdos on there lol

I wanted to on April 1st cos I knew noone would believe me, then I wanted to on Mother's day but I'm holding out for the scan.
Might not even do it straight after that anyway x x x

I am not so naive that I think once I hit 12 weeks everything will be fine, hence why I put the word safe in hypons (sp). My mum and my auntie have both lost after 12 weeks - 16w and 6months so I am certainky aware it can happen.

After a mmc at only 7 weeks I feel that getting to this point is a big step towards actually getting a healthy baby, the nurses in my IVF clinic have told me to stop worrying as I have hit some good milestones.

Im not going to spend the rest of my pregnancy worrying about miscarriage when that is all I have done so far, it has done me and my OH no favours :flower:

It wasn't directed towards you individually, it was a general statement and one i stand by. I wouldnt ever tell anyone to worry through out their pregnancy and make themselves ill. But some people really do believe that once they hit 12 weeks, baby loss is impossible :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->