Would you consider it now 'safe' ... ?

Hey,

After 2 losses I decided to not tell a soul about this until after the 12 week scan. We had a scan at 7.5 weeks and saw a heartbeat but I said I still wanted to wait for the scan on the 11th - so not too long. Will tell our parents first and then my OH's daughter. I am unsure on posting on facebook too, but again for no other reason than my own preference - but I may actually post there, will see how it all goes on Monday and if my OH would be happy with it.

I think if I had a scan last week - then I may have been likely to spill to parents then, so I think its perfectly fine to do this and buy things if you are happy ( I have bought a couple of maternity clothes) so I think you should go ahead and celebrate where you are now xxx

I don't know about anyone else but i love having this little secret! Just between me and dh!

I really want to wait till 20 weeks to tell friends, but will probably tell family and really close friends after the 12 week scan, and probably work, because I can't be bothered hiding it!

I won't ever feel safe till my baby is out of me, screaming and I have her/him in my arms. Even then, life is precious xxx

Also just as a generic response - not directed at anyone at all. Unfortunately miscarriages happen with or without worry by the mother - they are beyond anyone's control, so I personally think its great for you to rejoice in the milestones you achieve and to avoid overworrying about something you cannot foresee or control. Enjoy each day as it happens.

From experience I would say that any first new pregnancy can be filled with the innocence that everything is healthy and perfect and there is nothing wrong with this positive attitude, however for some unfortunately that innocence is no longer available, so I stand by the comment of enjoy each day and focus on the positives of the current pregnancy you are experiencing as much as you can.

Fortunately I have been able to do this more this time round and its helping me and its what I will continue to do.

I want to wait till after the scan to announce, not due to worries or anything, pregnancy can go wrong at anytime, but maybe once I see my little one on the scan screen it will make it more real. people will see the baby I'm having and the fact i'm over joyed by it.
afterwards I plan to buy a baby bath, just because i'm really looking forward to his/her first bath!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->