Would you do the same???

WoodyA

Reaction score
My sister has just had a huge go at me!!

She was asking how I knew what my thyroid bloods were and I told her I looked them up on the computer at work,

My GP never tells me values and I like to know! What's wrong with that?! It's my body!!

I also checked my swabs I had done after mc

I don't see anything wrong with this?! I wouldn't find out otherwise!

If you had access to your results in this way you would check them right????

id definately check if i had access to it! its information about you, anything with your name on it and especially medical records you have the right to full access viewing it!!

Yeah I would probably check. Odd that your GP doesn't give you the values. My GP gives me a printout of my thyroid function so I can keep a record - I have thyroid antibodies so have regular checks.

MsJMouse.....do you have Hashimotos? I have Hashimotos

I believe so - GP hasn't given it a name as such but my mum has that so more than likely. Thyroid function is fine but have antibodies so just keeping it checked at the moment. I am trying selenium to try and reduce the antibodies as I have read it can increase your chance of miscarriage and I could happily pass on that happening again.

Are you on any meds??

Congrats on your pregnancy Chocciebutton (sorry I kinda missed that when I replied - my brain is still at the Zumba class I was just at :blush:)

I would totally want to have access to the information about me- I have a right to know about everything in my files (with my name on it). You're not wrong to do so.

Yeah I would probably check. Odd that your GP doesn't give you the values. My GP gives me a printout of my thyroid function so I can keep a record - I have thyroid antibodies so have regular checks.

I was wondering if I have thyroid antibodies
I'm 100% sure my mc was caused by my hypothyroidism

I was taking my levotyhroxine with my prenatal and I have since learned the iron inthe prenatal can stop absorption of the thyroxine :(

My dosage has increased twice since I found out I was pregnant (the mc) I am now on 100mcg and due to be retested in about 4 weeks.

My TSH was 12.5 and free t4 was 12.2 at last record (2weeks after mc)

I dont really know how to interpret the results but I know 12.5 tsh is high!!!

I was tested for antibodies cause a blood test came back with slightly high TSH. In Australia they don't test for antibodies unless you test outside of the normal limits for thyroid function and as my mum has a thyroid problem she was insistent I get mine tested as I was quite run down (this was a few years ago now before I even considered TTC).

According to my test restuls it appears to that normal is somewhere between 0.40-4.00mU/L of TSH.

At least your doctor is monitoring it regularly and has changed your meds dosage. My OB when I saw her for the first time (which is also when we found out about our MMC - first scan :cry:) said that they tend to monitor thyroid function more closely during pregnancy.

I am on 225mcg thyroxine daily........this is my 3rd baby at 39 and I was told I was totaly infertile last year and then got pregnant within 3 months!!!!!

My sister has just had a huge go at me!!

She was asking how I knew what my thyroid bloods were and I told her I looked them up on the computer at work,

My GP never tells me values and I like to know! What's wrong with that?! It's my body!!

I also checked my swabs I had done after mc

I don't see anything wrong with this?! I wouldn't find out otherwise!

If you had access to your results in this way you would check them right????

I would definitely want to know - but I'm assuming that your sister had a go at you because she's worried about you getting in trouble at work - is there a policy regarding you accessing your own records..? I can understand your need to know though - I'm sure she's just worried about you :hugs: I think you should push your GP to give you your results in future - they are your records! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->