Would you have any more?!!!

TwoBumps

Reaction score
Ever since my boys turned one people have been asking me whether we are planning on having anymore babies. I think this is probably because a lot of people think that a 2 year age gap is ideal between babies, and so obviously once the boys were 1 they thought we should/would be thinking or doing something about it!!!

At the time I just used to say maybe....one day....who knows!

So I was just wondering whether any of you ladies have thought about / are thinking about having another baby after your twins? If so, do you have an ideal age gap in mind?

My boys are nearly 17 months old now & I have to say that DH and I have been discussing this somewhat of late. DH would have another now, but whilst I would like another I really want to wait until the boys are out of nappies, can walk to most places without needing a pushchair and qualify for some free nursery sessions so we can cut our childcare bill!! So I'm thinking of maybe a 3 year age gap?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Nope no more babies for me. I always wanted a family of three kids, but it has been established that I'm not capable of a normal pregnancy and I can't stand the idea of being bedridden again... especially now that I have two children to care for. Maybe I’ll adopt, ideally with a 2-3 year age gap :)

well the twins will be babies 3 and 4 for us so no more
dh is going for the snip

I would like one more, but not untill the boys are at least 3 or 4 years old. Although the thought of another set of twins terrifies me. love the them to bits but its really hard work.

My twins are 19 months right now and i'll be giving birth to our next child in March. I know it's going to be hard, but my hubby and I came from big families and we want a big family also but I dont want them to be too far apart in age :juggle:

nope we are done - the main reasons

- I feel complete with the boys
- I am 38
- I got pregnant with twins first month of trying so multiples again would terrify me lol

If I was ten years younger who knows but would definitely wait until the boys were at school even then - time is the most precious thing we can give our children imo and as a mum of twins its the thing I wish I had more of.

xxxxxxxxxx

No we are done. I was thinking of having one more but have now decided I am done.
I have 3 older sons 14,12 and 10 and now the twins.

I want to just enjoy having the one of each, I am also 37 and hubby 46 this July. With such a large gap between our older 3 it will be nice spoiling just the two. If I were to throw another in the mix it will be unbalanced. Another girl would mean Michael would be left out and another boy would leave Brooke out, so we have decided to just stop with the 5 wonderful children we already have.

Now I still have 7 embryo's on ice and although we don't want more I still find it hard to allow them to destroy them but paying $500 a year to keep em is also silly. Told hubby we will review it once the twins are one, it's too hard for me to do it now, not after all we went through to get them.

If the twins were my 1st then I would for sure have more and I love the 2yr age gap, my boys are so close and are there to support each other at school, wouldn't have it any other way.

our 3rd is due in May, but we did start trying just after the boys turned 3, but unfortunately miscarried.

we wanted to start trying much earlier, like when the boys were 12 months old and upwards, but our housing circumstances just were not ideal for 2 two year olds, a newborn and us, so we held off!

Interesting question - thanks for asking it.

I have 4 kids including the twins, and would love more...............I have made no secret of this and I know people think I am crazy ;)

Some of the posts here have made me reflect on this tho. I too am 37, and whilst I never saw age as a barrier to having more, I am mindful that I don't have much "baby making" time left, so it would have to be sooner rather than later. Ideally I'd wait 2/3yrs then try again, but because of my age, feel that we should time the baby's arrival for the twins turning 2. My dh is older than me too. I am now left wondering if we are too old between us to keep having kids, having read everyone elses thoughts on the subject.

My older two have a 2yr age gap, and this for us was ideal - they are very close. SInce there is a 5yr gap then between my second and the twins, I was pleased to be having two, because they have each other despite this.

There are a few reasons I'd like one more:-

1. I love having babies - and like being pregnant ;)
2. It would be nice for my daughter to have a sister - tho the chances of that are slim.
3. With each child I seem to be more chilled out as a mother, and enjoy it more and more. I have found that once you get past having two, the rest seem so much easier (not that twins aren't tiring and a full-time job)

I guess it's really personal choice, and there are no ideals. I strongly suspect that if twins had been my first, I wouldn't have had any more. My first was hard work and a real learning curve. If he had been twins, I think I would have been very reluctant to take the plunge again xxx

now this thread is making ME want more hehehehe

This is really interesting seeing all your comments..Pretty funny too!

I have 4 kids including the twins, and would love more...............I have made no secret of this and I know people think I am crazy ;)

Some of the posts here have made me reflect on this tho. I too am 37, and whilst I never saw age as a barrier to having more, I am mindful that I don't have much "baby making" time left, so it would have to be sooner rather than later. Ideally I'd wait 2/3yrs then try again, but because of my age, feel that we should time the baby's arrival for the twins turning 2. My dh is older than me too. I am now left wondering if we are too old between us to keep having kids, having read everyone elses thoughts on the subject.

My older two have a 2yr age gap, and this for us was ideal - they are very close. SInce there is a 5yr gap then between my second and the twins, I was pleased to be having two, because they have each other despite this.

2. It would be nice for my daughter to have a sister - tho the chances of that are slim.
3. With each child I seem to be more chilled out as a mother, and enjoy it more and more. I have found that once you get past having two, the rest seem so much easier (not that twins aren't tiring and a full-time job)

I guess it's really personal choice, and there are no ideals. I strongly suspect that if twins had been my first, I wouldn't have had any more. My first was hard work and a real learning curve. If he had been twins, I think I would have been very reluctant to take the plunge again xxx

Oh Lizzie I don't think that 37 is too old to be having anymore - you are as young as you feel after all, and I have to say that so many of my friends are only now having their first babies at between 31 & 35 that I suspect that it will soon become quite the norm for ladies to be having subsequent pregnancies in their late thirties and early forties!!!

Its interesting that you say that if the twins had been your first that you probably wouldn't have had anymore as I swore blind when I was pregnant with the boys that we wouldn't be having anymore, as my pregnancy was horrendous and I hated it!! Its amazing how time makes you forget though, and even the memories of NICU are fading and seem less horrific now.

A lot of people have said that the thought of twins again terrifies them, but to be honest it doesn't scare me at all!! I love the thought of having another set, although the logistics and financial implications of having 4 kids does scare me!!

I'm also 37. We only got married last June and had hoped we would be blessed with 2 kids before we turned 40.
We are now due to have 2 before we've even been married a year - conceived on 3rd month of trying.

While ideally we would have liked a boy and a girl, I think we will stop now
- hopefully we will have 2 healthy babies
- we haven't got space, time, money for more at the moment
- I have been so rough while pregnant I don't think I could go through it again with 2 little ones to care for.

DH was over the moon when he found out it was twins and didn't really think about what it would be like for us. After he found out we were expecting girls he has replied to a couple of people who said would we try again for a boy with a maybe, lets see.
I think he is now waking up to how hard I am finding losing my independence and the potential problems of SPD.

x

I would love to have more. Unfortunately it would mean going through IVF again which was very stressful. :(

I would love to have more, but practically I think stopping at 3 might be a good idea for me!! I have a 7 year old daughter and 3 month old b/g twins. I've been told that I am likely to have spontaneous twins/multiples again if I were to fall pregnant... I honestly don't think I could endure another twin pregnancy! If I could be guaranteed to only have a singleton next time I would consider it, but not until the twins are at least 3 or 4 and are a bit more independent. Im only 26 so I've got plenty of time to decide!! I change my mind every other day though so who knows???

I would love to have another within the next few years, but still undecided. I didn't mind being pregnant, I didn't have any complications and it was a pretty neat experience. I'm 30 so I have some time. What worries me is dividing my time and energy amongst more children...not sure if I can do it. I'm one of 5 children...my mom was amazing, I do not know how she did it. She loved her children so much. The thing is, I don't ever remember playing with my mom or really doing much of anything with her! She was always working to keep up the house, cleaning and cooking and taking care of things! Most of my memories are of playing with my siblings while my mother was busy.

I don't think age is a barrier as in such, I look at how old we will be as the kids grow up. I will be 58 when my twins turn 21, hubby will be 67... How old will I be when they have their children, I don't wanna be to old of a grandma that I can't enjoy my grandkids. Its not being 37 now, it is when they are all older that I worry about.
Also with my cervix issue with the twins I worry about another prem baby, I couldn't do bed rest and have twins trashing my house.
I would love another 5 kids, I could have a house full but in my case I don't think it is practical and I don't want to go through what I went through with the twins being prem and the bed rest etc.

I think it is time for me to just be greatful with the 5 fantastic children I have and just be so thankful they are here with me to enjoy each day.

nope we are done - the main reasons

- I feel complete with the boys
- I am 38
- I got pregnant with twins first month of trying so multiples again would terrify me lol

If I was ten years younger who knows but would definitely wait until the boys were at school even then - time is the most precious thing we can give our children imo and as a mum of twins its the thing I wish I had more of.

xxxxxxxxxx

Haha! I love your pic.. Look at his little feet crossed. cute :cloud9:

Yes I want one more. End of this year beginning of next I think.. I didnt want any more but now I do. I would however just like the one :haha:

I definitely want one more. We're going to wait another year or two. I'd like Liam and Lucy to be out of diapers and a little more self sufficient.

I'm just terrified of having another set of twins!! haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->