Would you have any more?!!!

After being so rough the last month I can't believe that twice today DH has mentioned maybe trying for a boy after the girls are born! We are going to struggle for space time and money with 2 arriving in a few months. Not sure what planet he is on!

my dh is definatly against more lol
the consultant told us last time not to have any more as my pelvis is in a state but ahh well suprise

ill love having 4 tho

I've had another one :cloud9: It wasn't a planned pregnancy, but I wouldn't change my situation :cloud9: There's 16mos between the twins and my DD.

Absolutely no more for me!!

I have one daughter 4yrs already from my previous marriage. My partner and I were trying for 1 baby together to complete our family, I only ever wanted 2 children. But as we are expecting twins, that will obviously make 3 children, all girls too.

I know I won't cope with more than 3, I am already worried how I will cope with 3 so I know I won't be having anymore children. I am considering making it permanent!!!

I'm done. 2 is enough for me. Mine are IVF as well, and I don't have the funds nor the energy to go through that again. I am super thankful for my 2 little angels!

I would love to have more babies (twins currently 10 weeks) although as ours were IVF babies it looks unlikely. Ideally I would love another set of twins although this pregnancy was so hard the thought fills me with dread!!

We keep trying just incase one pops up naturally :haha: Although may start fostering or try to adopt in a few years.

Well, I certainly feel compelled to reply to THIS post!!! I have comments for ALL of you...!

First of all, I thought for certain I'd be happy with 2. I hated - HATED - every second of my first twin pregnancy and complained to everyone and anyone who would listen that never in a million years would I go through it again. Many times I'd ask women with 3 or more kids, 'How could you go through it so many times? Isn't pregnancy the worst?' and the inevitable reply was, 'Oh, you forget...' - which I didn't belive for a second! I would shout back, 'I WILL NEV-ER FORGET THIS!!!' and pound my fist on the table for dramatic emphasis.

Then ---- the girls were born. My heart melted and I found myself crying while packing up the 0-3 month clothes for the attic, thinking 'I'll never have babies this tiny again...'

When they turned 6 months, we went on vacation and I kept having dreams about another baby. I had babies on the mind... after a few weeks, I asked my husband if he'd have more if we could. He didn't hesistate, said 'absolutely.' (See previous paragraph, he was certain I'd never go for it). So, after some thinking & talking, we figured we'd try "on our own" (we went to fertility clinic, I got PG with the girls on injectible drugs + IUI) until I turned 40 (at the time was 11 months away). If it happened, great. If it didn't, we were still so happy with our girls.

2 months later, I was pregnant with twins again, 100% natural.

So - comments:

1. If you think you are too old because you are 37, you are nuts! Yes, I probably would have had slightly more energy for this 10 years ago, but I've always loved to sleep... so the sleep deprivation would have been hard no matter when we started.

2. If you are "terrified" of having another set - just know it COULD happen. Plenty of women are 'multiple ovulators' as my OB calls it. I was the of the opposite belief - it LITERALLY never crossed my mind that it would happen again, esp with the injectible drugs we were on first time. I figured THAT was why we wound up with twin (although they do run in my family).

3. If you can't think of ever getting pregnant again - it DOES fade, you DO forget... You do think you might be able to handle it again (especially if you are certain it would only be one, wouldn't that be easier?)... and this all happens much sooner than you think. 6 months? That's all it took for me? I'm surprised lightning didn't strike me when I brought the topic up with DH.

Don't get me wrong - THIS TIME WE ARE DONE. I still don't know how we'll handle 4 so close together, but I do know we WILL handle it.

The moral of this whole story is, I just didn't want to be the woman in 20 years who regretting at least not trying for that 3rd child... Someone Else decided He'd rather we had 4. So, here we go...!

Well, I certainly feel compelled to reply to THIS post!!! I have comments for ALL of you...!

First of all, I thought for certain I'd be happy with 2. I hated - HATED - every second of my first twin pregnancy and complained to everyone and anyone who would listen that never in a million years would I go through it again. Many times I'd ask women with 3 or more kids, 'How could you go through it so many times? Isn't pregnancy the worst?' and the inevitable reply was, 'Oh, you forget...' - which I didn't belive for a second! I would shout back, 'I WILL NEV-ER FORGET THIS!!!' and pound my fist on the table for dramatic emphasis.

Then ---- the girls were born. My heart melted and I found myself crying while packing up the 0-3 month clothes for the attic, thinking 'I'll never have babies this tiny again...'

When they turned 6 months, we went on vacation and I kept having dreams about another baby. I had babies on the mind... after a few weeks, I asked my husband if he'd have more if we could. He didn't hesistate, said 'absolutely.' (See previous paragraph, he was certain I'd never go for it). So, after some thinking & talking, we figured we'd try "on our own" (we went to fertility clinic, I got PG with the girls on injectible drugs + IUI) until I turned 40 (at the time was 11 months away). If it happened, great. If it didn't, we were still so happy with our girls.

2 months later, I was pregnant with twins again, 100% natural.

So - comments:

1. If you think you are too old because you are 37, you are nuts! Yes, I probably would have had slightly more energy for this 10 years ago, but I've always loved to sleep... so the sleep deprivation would have been hard no matter when we started.

2. If you are "terrified" of having another set - just know it COULD happen. Plenty of women are 'multiple ovulators' as my OB calls it. I was the of the opposite belief - it LITERALLY never crossed my mind that it would happen again, esp with the injectible drugs we were on first time. I figured THAT was why we wound up with twin (although they do run in my family).

3. If you can't think of ever getting pregnant again - it DOES fade, you DO forget... You do think you might be able to handle it again (especially if you are certain it would only be one, wouldn't that be easier?)... and this all happens much sooner than you think. 6 months? That's all it took for me? I'm surprised lightning didn't strike me when I brought the topic up with DH.

Don't get me wrong - THIS TIME WE ARE DONE. I still don't know how we'll handle 4 so close together, but I do know we WILL handle it.

The moral of this whole story is, I just didn't want to be the woman in 20 years who regretting at least not trying for that 3rd child... Someone Else decided He'd rather we had 4. So, here we go...!

All I can say is WOW...You are so cool! Very well said...If I could skip the pregnancy part, I'd do it again...I am looking forward to a break with these guys..I have not yet gotten AF back yet...if we had another, one or two, that would be in His plan...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->