Would you let a relative who is babysitting your LO offer her breast for comfort?

It says comfort though not hunger.

A hungry baby is something different entirely, i would not let me baby go hungry and if someone else had to breastfeed her when she was younger because i couldn't get there fast enough then that would have to be that my babies happiness is most important to me.

Comfort though, which as someone said before, is soemthing entirely different imo.

no no no! Not for comfort and nor would I be comfortable comfort feeding someone elses baby.

If the baby needed actual food and it was a matter or life and death then I would without thinking about it but would not feed unless it was severe!

I would happily donate milk though.

If it was life or death then of course otherwise I think it is a bit weird to be honest but that is just my opinion

Just for comfort with no milk in boobies - no way.

But if my baby would be hungry and I wasn't there and the lady was breastfeeding her own - 100% yes. (Of course, I would have to be confident enough in a person. I mean I wouldn't any mum from the playgroup just get her boob out and offer it to my LO. I would have to be sure, as sure as anybody can be, that she doesn't have any illneses and can't pass those to my LO).

And if asked to babysit a breastfed baby (while breastfeeding myself) I wouldn't mind feeding him/her too.

Actually not very long ago me and Daniel were at the doctors, and there was this dad with a small baby who was crying and crying and crying and crying. Clearly hungry (poor thing was trying to suck on dad's shoulder). I just about resisted to offer my boob :blush: (I stopped breastfeeding Daniel some time ago but I was still lactating at the time). Poor baby was crying for about 30 mins non stop till his mummy came and fed him...

Definitely not for comfort, I'd prefer if they tried another way to soothe her.

As for food, if it was a matter of life and death then of course I'd be ok with it. But under normal circumstances I wouldn't be comfortable with it at all, I'd prefer to make sure she had enough EBM to drink. For some reason I actually think I'd be more comfortable with her being given a bottle of formula than someone else bfing her. It's because I think if it as "our thing" and I'd be jealous that someone else could do that for her and that she wouldn't care that it wasn't my boob. Having said that I wouldn't have a problem bfing someone else's baby - full of contradictions!

I just asked my hubby what he thought and he wouldn't have a problem with someone else bfing her, as far as he's concerned boobs are a food source for babies and if she wouldn't be bothered then neither would he.

No i don't think so! Maybe if it was a sister i would consider it if lo was really distraught, but then i don't have any sisters haha so not sure.

Would a baby get any comfort of someones boob if they weren't breastfeeding a baby already though? There would be no milk. I know they can comfort suck but not sure it would be the same for them.

Has anyone actually done this? Just wondering if a baby would readily accept someone elses breast?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->