Would you let this sway your decision?

Nicola83

Reaction score
Morning!

Me and hubby have picked a pool of about 3 names for each a boy and girl but in my heart I know the names I want.

I love Thomas Rhys for a boy and Holly Abigail for a girl.

The only trouble is our surname begins with an M so if we had a girl (which I think we are :happydance: ) her initials would be HAM!

My hubby thinks this would be cruel as everything she had to initial would have HAM on! It doesn't bother me in the slightest but he doesn't want this choice now because of this and I LOVE it :(

Do you think he is just being daft??

My sisters initials are rac, I dont think they were around when my sister was born, but Im sure my parents wouldnt have been put off by it, sounds like a nice name too......Sont let it put you off though hun.....

I like the name, I don't think HAM is bad, but she'd probably just initial HM anyway, so I doubt it would come up.

I seriously had a friend at school & her sisters initials were HAM & their surmame was Burger..............It could be worse!!

Besides, I love the name Holly & if we have a girl that's what we will have.

Good Luck

My initials are ET - so I had a bit of flack for that!! I wouldnt worry about HAM though, there are much worse initials to have... I do understand what you mean though as its certainly something we have considered when picking names!!

My initials are SAP - which doesn't sound so bad, but my surname was Plant before I got married!!! I don't think HAM is terrible, and if you love the name then I'd stick with it!

If you want the name I would stick with it just think it prob won't be HAM for her whole life as when she gets married it will change. The names I have picked the initials will be MAT and HAT and I am not too fussed I think it's Reading into it a bit too much IYKWIM :D

I don't think it would matter at all. Both the names you have picked are lovely.

My brothers intitials are WKD

I find this post very amusing because one of our rules are the initials HAVE to spell something. My hubs initials are ACT, mine are EAT.. so for our baby will either be Nolan Edward (NET) or Addison Christine (ACT). HAM is quite a funny one though, but I doubt it would affect her :)

That wouldn't bother me at all, whats in a set of initials after all! :winkwink:

my OH won't let me have the name harry for the same reason :S that it would spell HAM.i said it could be worse, it could spell fat or something but he won't have it :(

Hi

As nice as the names are, I would NOT go with the Holly Abigail name beacuse of the initials,so yes, HAM would sway me against that choice!

I love Thomas!

Nicola xx

I like the name, I don't think HAM is bad, but she'd probably just initial HM anyway, so I doubt it would come up.
This is what I was going to say :)

me too, i would say that most things that need initialing will either just use HM or use her full name with just the middle initial so Holly A. M..... so I don't think it will notice too much.

My oh's initials are CAC and he has laughed about it a few times but it's never affected him.. would only be an issue if he wanted a personalised car number plate I guess?

go with the names you love, they are lovely names btw

:kiss:

not sure id want ham but then again my maiden name was curry lmao

I really think you shouldnt let it worry you, like a few others have said, its not often you will use all your initials like that if ever, my sister who is 10 years younger than me and 22, well her initials spell MAD lol we never even noticed until a good while after which we all found hilarious, and tbh it has never bothered her :D

hun i would go for it. it wont matter its not like you are calling her "apple" or anything.

It would turn me off the name combo I have to say. My initials were ERF at birth, like the lorry brand. That was bad enough.

But at least HAM is better than BUM. I can think of worse but I won't lower the tone :rofl:

My hubby's initials are KKK, he's managed to get through 30 years of his life with very few people knowing so it's rare she'll need to just write her initials.

My initials are ELC as in Early Learning Centre (or at least they were b4 I married!!)
Realistically tho, how often do u use your middle initial?? Wouldn't she be mostly HM?? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->