Would you resume taking "the pill" without seeing a doctor?

5-a-side

Reaction score
Title pretty much says it really.
On my pill pack it says 21 days after giving birth you can start taking the pill again. I havent been able to get a doctor or nurses appointment and its 21 days pp on sunday for me.
I havent had any previous issues with this pill, I'm not particularly over weight, no bp issues, not bleeding any more, no problems with clots or anything like that.
So do I just start taking it as the packet describes or hold off until I see a doctor, which at this rate will be when my 6wk check is.

I would if I had some.. but then even when I see my doctor for them... he has never even checked my blood pressure or anything... i just say I want the pill, and he writes a prescription and thats that! :S

Personally I wouldn't without speaking to the nurse first. After a child your hormones can permanently change and the pill that was ok pre preg could now no longer "suit you".

If you are going to start taking it I would at least call the dr's and get the reception to update your file to say that you're starting your pill again and if you start suffering any side effects you'll see the nurse. That said, you're post natal will cover contraception. Is it not an option to wait for that appt?

X

I can wait, we're using condoms at the moment anyway but thought with the window of 21 days it'd be a good opportunity to start the pill again.

I've never been on a different contraceptive pill so hopefully seeing as it has seen me through 15 years and this is my 3rd child I'd hope not to get any side effects. But obviously I have my doubts and thats why I started the thread, its good to get others POV.

I did as i had sum left n when i mentioned it to dr at end of pregnancy he suggested it if i wanted to resume sex b4 my check up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->