Would you skip a month TTC due to timing?

JenStar1976

Reaction score
Here's my dilema:

We have been trying since February for #2, had one chem and one miscarriage, and I think I'm out this month (12 dpo, no symptoms at all and a couple of BFNs). Every year we drive from south east England up to the Scottish Highlands for a week's holiday at Easter time, we stay in a big house with other relatives - about 12 of us altogether.

If we tried again the next cycle and were successful, the potential due date would be 3 weeks before we'd be due to travel up to Scotland. This isn't ideal! Alex was 12 weeks old when we took him up there the first time and that was fine, but my recovery was about 3-5 weeks after a natural birth, so sitting in a car for 9 hours with a newborn really isn't appealling to me. But, my OH's dad died just two weeks ago and the plan is to scatter some of the ashes up in Scotland (OH's family are Scottish) at Easter, so it's really important that we be there next year.

But I have such a desire to keep trying, not wanting to miss any chance I can get (I'll be 38 in October). It's hard enough waiting for your ovulation time, then the TWW without having to put it off for a whole month altogether.

What would you all do? x

So, if my math is right, even if you skipped a month, you'd be traveling to Scotland a week before you're due? It sounds like if you really need to go on this trip, you might need to consider taking a couple months off. At 38, if a second baby was really important to me, I might skip one month, but not two.

Is there any way to shift the trip by a couple weeks if you get pregnant?

I have to say we decided on number two back in January but we've waiting until now to make sure our first would be old enough and I also didn't want a December baby. So wait if you want. ( I would say that the wait almost killed me) lol. We're first minth trying this cycle. It was O day two days ago so still trying just to be sure.

Thanks for all the replies ladies. The holiday itself isn't something that can't be moved as it's the easter break and thats when the kids in the family will be off school. Re my dates: I have long cycles so my edd would be 21 March. Its so hard, but I think at the end of the day we will be trying next cycle - it would drive me crazy wondering "what if" if we didn't and if we're successful then I'll just have to deal with the practicalities at the time. xx

If you'd asked me before we started TTC I would have probably said that I would have skipped it, that said having realised how blooming hard it is to get pregnant I wouldn't waste a single month. Whatever happens, if the trip is important you will find a way to make it work if you have a newborn or are heavily pregnant.

Babies aren't always faithful to their due date so you couldn't guarantee it would come at a convenient time anyway. I wouldn't skip it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->