Would you skip?

prettybirdy27

Reaction score
I have a 26 day cycle, and just because of how the calendar falls, I should ovulate right at the end of Feb/beginning of March and then again in mid March. DH and I decided to skip the month of March to avoid a Christmas baby. So we are planning to skip the cycle where ovulation lands mid March.

My question is, would you also skip the cycle where I would ovulate end of Feb/beginning of March? Knowing that sometimes pregnancies carry over a week or two, if we conceived right at the beginning of March, we may still end up with a near-Christmas baby. So would you skip or go for it?

The main reason avoiding a Christmas baby is important to me is because my grandma's birthday was the day after Christmas, and she hated it her entire life. It was always unfair for her because her birthday always felt like an afterthought to Christmas, and nobody really wants to go to a big party and celebrate the day after Christmas. Until she passed last spring, we have always made a huge effort to throw a separate party for her the day after, but it was always still a bummer for her. So if possible, I'd like to avoid that for our future kids!

I ovulate mid-month, and we're probably going to be skipping two months. If I were to conceive in March, I'd have an early December baby. If I were to conceive in April, I'd have a January 1st baby. My OH's birthday is Jan 3rd, and he hates it. We might be skipping next month and will almost definitely be skipping the month after. I'd rather have a before Christmas baby than an after Christmas baby. So I personally would go for it, if I were you. Then again, I get GD with my pregnancies so I have no chance of going over.

I'm on my 6th cycle so I just want to have a baby, whether it's a Christmas one or not. Lol. But if I'm not pregnant this cycle then I wouldn't be due until the beginning of December which would be fine. Really it's up to you what you would like to do. Both my babies came right on time.

Thanks. I had another thought too - my mom died Dec 14, 2004, and even though the odds are slim that they'd be born on Dec 14th, I think it would upset a lot of people in the family to be throwing birthday parties on the same day Mom died. It would feel weird to me forever to be celebrating anything on that day. Maybe this would be a good way to turn that into a happy day, but the thought still makes me uncomfortable.

I'm strongly considering going for it anyway, because after trying for 5 cycles, I really really want a healthy baby whenever they're born! AF is due tomorrow, and I already have cramps (I always get them the day before) and have had 3 BFNs so I'm pretty sure I'm out this cycle.

I'm kind of skipping a couple of months too, for much of the same reason. I also don't want a christmas baby, or anywhere near christmas. I think its fine to try and plan it out a little. :thumbup:

I'm a just after Christmas baby, not been an issue for me, my birthdays usually suck but as I kid I loved getting money to spend in the sales- clearly always been a savvy shopper!
Im not planning on skipping a month but do understand people who want to skip, I have friends who mention they skip march trying for the same reasons.

We are skipping mid march and mid april O time to avoid december or jan baby for the same reasons (and for the financial reasons). If we conceive this month the latest we could have the baby is the 1st week in december which i ould cope with! If you can, why not skip the 2 months, its only 2 months in your life to avoid nearly 100 disappointing december/christmas birthdays for the child!

I can understand why people wouldwant to skip. I jjust want a happy and healthy baby..DH birthday is Dec 31st and he doesn't mind...He might actually want someone to share it with lol....we'll keep going ☺☺

I don't blame you for skipping. My husband and I don't want to have a Christmas baby either for those reasons.

We won't be skipping either if I don't get my BFP by then. But we've also been trying for 1 year and 4 months so we'd be grateful at this point no matter when it happens, even if we did get a Christmas baby.

I understand that you wouldn't be too happy if the baby was born on or around your mother's death day. But the question is would your mother want you to hold off on your plans just on the extremly off chance the baby would be born on that day? I know I wouldn't want my children to think that way, if they were trying for a baby after my death and risked the child be born on my death month/day, I'd tell them to go for it:thumbup: I'd actually think it'd be nice that they have a happier occasion in December (if it did happen), something that would've made me happy as well : a grandchild! I don't think your mother, who loved you, would want you to put this on hold for that reason. She'd be happy for you, no matter what month/date the baby is born!

I actually find it poor behaviour if anyone would make your child suffer for it. That'd be all on them! If they can't be happy then they should stay away. Life is for the living, life goes on, we can't run our lives and have babies according to which months relatives haven't died because it'd be "disrespectful." If my DH and I did that, we'd have a few months we'd need to avoid a pregnancy and that's just not gonna happen! But no one in any of our families would find it horrible if our baby e.g. happened to be born close to my father's death day or my DH's grandfather's death day. His grandfather even died not too many years ago. For you, it's been 11 years.

But it is of course your decision. I wish you lots of luck :dust:

My son was supposed to be a november baby, decided not and came on 4th December, hes 2 now, been trying 18months I don't care when they are born as long as they are healthy!

So I wrote another post earlier on here about my husband and I waiting because we didn't want to have a Christmas baby. We actually started trying well... last night. So we could possibly have a baby on or near the anniversary of my dads death or we could have a Christmas baby. I decided that you never know how long it could take to get pregnant and I would feel so blessed no matter when it happened. Where you've been trying for a few months I wouldn't want to skip. Obviously it's your decision and I wish you good luck with everything :)

We wait.. Ttc in april. I have OD 04/20, If everything follows the babymed.com calendar :)

My OH and I were just discussing this tonight. I was a little worried about the possibility of having a Christmas baby, but why? I would love another baby no matter when it is. The sooner the better. I have great ILs so I know they will do everything they can to make their bday special if that were the case. It depends on the couple I suppose.

My oldest younger brother is a Christmas Eve Baby, and my parents always made that a fun fact. We got the party on Christmas Eve then our Christmas! Of course explaining to all of us that no we didn't get presents during the party too had to be fun for them. They solved that by letting us open a present early at midnight.

Then there is the flip side. My mom's a 4th of July baby and she hated it as a child because everyone always had plans on the 4th so a birthday party wasn't even on their radar. After she grew up and got married she just incorporated her birthday into the celebrations and it was an extra big party. I think it's all on how you handle it

I never really got the stigma of holiday babies, and at this point I'd rather just have a healthy LO, no matter what day it comes. So no skipping planned in my future for either of the March O's (My calender says I have two).

My OH and I have talked about this too. We just started TTC last month so this is my first cycle and we are going to wait the 2 months and try again if I dont get a BFP this month. I have a friend who was born Dec 31 and she hates it because everyone has plans and has to wait to have a party in the new year.

OH and I talked about it, and we decided to just NTNP for both the cycles. I am trying to go at it with a super relaxed attitude. I absolutely hate temping and tracking anyway so it will be a nice break from that.

As much as I would rather not have a baby born close to christmas, for me it would mean skipping 3 months as i hyper ovulate so have a much higher chance than the average person on conceiving another set of multiples and my twins were premature so have to anticipate if I do concieve another set they will most likely be premature too. Also we have already been waiting 18 months to start ttc so no chance I am leaving it any longer Lol! If I do manage to get lucky enough to concieve on the first cycke and it stick due date would be december 17th so fingers crossed it would be born at 38-40 weeks and at least have a good week between birthday and chrsitmas lol

I am only stopping april due to going abroad in may but we are still trying this month. I dont want to miss out on a month trying, my due date would be 1st december but i would need a c section so it would be a november baby anyway so its not too close to christmas!

:O Claire, just read your signature, Amelia Rose is one of the names i have been considering if I have another girl! My nanas Middle name was rose so was going to be after her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->