would you ??

danni0509

Reaction score
hi
just a quick question really i will try and keep it as short as possible :)

my partner works 50 hours per week and i work 32 hours per work but after all of our bills,rent,shopping etc... have been paid for we dont have much money left over which really pi$$es me off when we work over 80 hours a week between us we are thankful that we both still have jobs with all this "recession" crap but i have had to try an find another way of increasing our money so this is what i have done

i have started doing ironing for people from my spare room :) i dont charge by the item as most other people do i charge by the bin liner/wash basket full
what i would like to know is would you use a service like mine and if so how much would you be willing to pay etc...
any comments will be very appreciated
thanks x x x x x

i would prob be willing to pay £10 per basket load, dont know if that is too little though? xx

People might bring a huge bin liner and stuff lots in. What about an hourly rate?

honestly i'd be very very carful if you don't have things like insurance to cover you and your customers. some people are funny buggers and will do anythingto get something for nothing!

make sure you always markoff what people give you and condition you receive it in and get 'em to sign it. same with when you drop it off, sign sign sign.

also, don't forget it isn't just your time it's taking it'spetrol (if you pick up/drop off) paper for signing/marking items down on aswell asa pen to write with, water for steamin iron,electric for iron/lighting, ware and tare of iron/board/board cover too.s ounds really picky but you want to earn money, not break even/make a loss.
xXx

honestly i'd be very very carful if you don't have things like insurance to cover you and your customers. some people are funny buggers and will do anythingto get something for nothing!

make sure you always markoff what people give you and condition you receive it in and get 'em to sign it. same with when you drop it off, sign sign sign.

also, don't forget it isn't just your time it's taking it'spetrol (if you pick up/drop off) paper for signing/marking items down on aswell asa pen to write with, water for steamin iron,electric for iron/lighting, ware and tare of iron/board/board cover too.s ounds really picky but you want to earn money, not break even/make a loss.
xXx

hi
i have already got insurance that i got quite cheaply well it is cheap compared to what others were going to charge
and i know what you mean about trying to make money and not working for nothing etc...
i have thought about doing it for some time and i have very carefully planned it out i do have customers but not very many at the moment :(
i do advertise in the local paper (which is expensive) and i have leaflets that me and my husband go out an deliver once a fortnight (we do quite a big leaflet drop out when we go together) and i also advertise in shop windows etc...
i have people phone me up enquiring but some times i never hear back from them i dont know whether they think i charge too much or what?
but believe me i dont charge too much in fact i probably charge to little but im just happy at the moment to be earning that little bit extra :) even if it isnt much x x x x x

it's sad that you have to ensure you insure your self because people areso sue happy isn't it?

my mr.mans mum owns a restaurant and i know she has lefleat distributors that cover a wide range ofthe local area.. have you looked into any lefleat distributors? she used to be super busy on the days they were delivered and they wasn't too expensive thave delivered :D would save you and your partner doing all the hard work! :D

somethings take awhile to build up don't they? keep it at! if you current customers are happy then they hopfully will talk about you to friends! good luck! :D i hope you get some more customers soon!

xXx

how much do you charge at the moment? xx

I wouldn't, just because I never iron clothes because they dont seem to crease much in the wash.

hi hun i have known people to do this ironing :) and they charge a tenner for a regular sized bin liner :) xxxx

yer £10 for a normal size bin liner is probs what i would pay

how much do you charge at the moment? xx

hi
at the moment i am charging £14 per bin liner full and £7 per basket full as i am a reasonably quick ironer :) saying that though i got a lady take the pi$$ and ram the bag full and it took me 3 hours to do so i earnt a grand old £4.75 per hour that time lol not to mention tax insurances and the rest to come off that so i wasnt a happy bunny :(
but i dont wanna increase my prices as i wouldnt pay much more than that if i was the one having my ironing done
also this is only a stepping stone for me to earn a bit of extra cash because i need to save approx £5000 to open a shop that is when i will earn the real money when i have my own shop :) and dont worry it is not going to be an ironing shop lmao!! x x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->