Would you....

kiwimama

Soon to be family of 4!
Reaction score
Cut off your own arm to survive?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aron_Ralston They were talking about this guy on the radio this morning and asking people whether they would cut off their own arm to survive.
I don't know if I could... I mean, I have enough trouble just trying get up the courage to pull off a wax strip. :lol:

Initially i'd say no, but put in that situation, probably :) Is this the guy 127 is based on?? x

i saw that ad for that film, i dont know if i could but i guess if that situation if u got no choice u have to

i would like to say yes, in theory. id get it cut off straight away. but in that situation.... i dunno if i could! i suppose if it came RIGHT down to it and i realised i was going to die if i didnt do it, id have to!

he's done some amazing things
and i bet he's full of stories, other than
this one lol

after 5 days without food and very little water
i would probably have done the same, you might
as well die trying than waiting i suppose ...

but until i'm in that situation i've not got
a clue, starvation can make you do all sorts
of things and he was very lucky someone found him

:flower:

Probably :shrug: I think the will to survive is way stronger than pain thresholds.

Initially i'd say no, but put in that situation, probably :) Is this the guy 127 is based on?? x

Yes, it is.
Honestly though, the guy was completely stupid in going out hiking without telling anyone where he was going and when he'd be back.

I have just finished reading the book about this, I honestly don't know if I could have survived for the time he did and stayed strong! He really only had two options left in the end, cut his arm off or die. I guess it comes down to your basic survival instinct!
I think the only thing that would get me through it would be the thought of not being there for my daughter.

I really hope I never have to find out! ;)
I think the survival instinct would well and truly kick in..
And the guy in the film (James Franco) is hot, so I'm going to see it :)

Probably not before Isabella was born :haha: But now I'd cut off both my arms and legs to get back to her :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->