WOW -- getting pregnant is punishable by law

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by lanaross, Dec 22, 2009.

1. lanaross

lanaross Mom to Bella and Greyson

This is crazy but US army just came up with a law that getting pregnant or impregnating a fellow soldier is a punishable offense.. :saywhat:

"Anyone who leaves this fight earlier than the expected 12-month deplyment creates a burden on their teammates. Anyone who leaves this fight early because they made a personal choice that changes their medical status - or contributes to doing that to another - is not in keeping with a key element of our ethos".

OUCH that's harsh.

2. Beltane

Beltane Mother of 3 Boys!

3. mamato2more

mamato2more Number 9 on the way

Thanks Obama!

4. debgreasby

debgreasby Happy Mummy!

My god that sucks on so many levels!

5. cindi

cindi Mom of 4 girls

it wasn't obama, it was done in the military itself. but as someone with 2 family members they were explaining what was going on and apparently this is a huge problem and causes others to be hurt in the process. so apparently they felt they had to do it

6. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

Hubby's best friend is deployed at the moment and was telling DH about this... DH ended up having a debate with his friend who said that anyone who gets pregnant should just have a mandatory abortion!! :shock: Apparently the rest of the men and women over there didn't agree! Can't imagine why! :dohh: (DH actually asked 'how many of them have kids already?'....all of them apart from DH's friend!)

7. lanaross

just wondering what if the condom broke? it's funny but US army now also recognizes marriages between fellow soldiers so umm..

8. lanaross

omg a mandatory abortion?? What are they feeding them over there? What if it would be his child.. and one day it would be.

I noticed that if I am *really* judging somebody (OT), I end up in the exact same situation and most often than not do the exact same thing. Karma darn it :)

9. mamato2more

mamato2more Number 9 on the way

He is the commander in chief..So, he does have control over it. This is a problem with women being in combat, the way I see it. Of course it's going to happen. Sort of a no-brainer...

10. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

He's basically been NTNP with his wife since they got together (apparently has never used a condom with any of his sexual partners) and makes comments about us getting pregnant while they haven't managed it yet...but then says that his wife wants to complete her degree first, so doesn't want a baby :wacko: Confusing situation, but I did expect him to be a bit more compassionate!!

Mind you, hubby and him are a bit weird, they like suggesting 'controversial' ideas just to get people thinking, so it may have just been a comment to see what kind of reaction he got from DH.